Friday, August 26, 2005

A smile for your day!

A minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.

Sermon complete, he sat down. The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather at the River."

11 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I think that needs a 'boom tish' on drums!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I thought it was funny in a very lame kind of way.
    Anonymous said...
    Heh heh, lame jokes rule.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Hey! You're on the computer downstairs! WHOO!!! I'm upstairs on the lap top! I love this wireless network!!!!
    HoneyBee said...
    Go the thingo!
    iggi said...
    Don't you love talking to people on the internet when they're in the next room? Let's all gather by the river.
    Ludicrousity said...
    It's so lame, Tonight Luke (film guru) was saying that we could now chat on msn. We live in the same house! I hope we never resort to that, although we do communicate over a forum. So depressing...
    Ludicrousity said...
    Kind of. Hymns are old church songs. I don't know that hymn, but it's probably a real hymn.
    Ludicrousity said...
    That wasn't my church, that was just a joke my mum sent me.
    Dboy said...
    I love that joke as much as I love Tonight Luke.

    Tonight Luke always gets us up with his "What you say!"
    Ludicrousity said...
    Tonight Luke?

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates