Friday, August 12, 2005

Makes You Think...

Well it's late, I'm tired, and I had a psychology/counselling class tonight, so I'm feeling rather introspective...

I was thinking about what my world view is, how I define who I am, what I believe, and what is true. I have had a lot of influences over the years, some good some bad, all shaping. I have picked up so much along the way, but I don't always stop to let some of it go. Is it right just to pile it all up and never sort through it again? I don't think it is.

After spending 2 years with a training organisation that is very all consuming while you're in it, I have had to do some assessing of what I really think this year. I have been trying to figure out what's me and what's them. What is it that I honestly want to take on board as truth and use in my life? What what propegated that I don't necessarily want to take with me? I'm trying to draw some personal boundaries and 'own' things for myself. I want to have integrated ideas and feelings. I don't want to just regurgitate things that have been fed to me. I want to know who I am and what I think, and be confident in that.

We were looking tonight at different views of psychology and theology, and different ways they can be viewed as they relate to each other. It made me think of how I relate to external influences. What do I just take from others? What is authentically mine? What is valid to take on board, and what ought I to leave behind? I'm thinking a lot about self identification and my self concept. Who am I, and what is it that I am owning as being authentically me? What have I mistaken for being what I really think? Some things I can work through and then accept as things that I do want to take on board, but others I can consider and then realise that I want to explore it further, or develop it, or leave it behind.

It's an interesting journey of figuring out who I am and what is valid in my life.

20 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    yep any ways i heard you were banned from dboys site what are we gonna do? where does your team meet? i feel usless here!
    Anonymous said...
    ok hello,when do you answer stuff on here? and who is dboy do you know him personally?
    Anonymous said...
    That's awesome, Sis. Always good to clarify what it is you believe.

    And bigassposer, are you serious? It's not like Bible Collage is a brain washing course. The whole point of it is to make you think, to understand what you believe yourself. You can't really grow unless you know what you're growing from.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, guru is right. Bible college is about making you question things that you've been told and about finding truth. I'm loving it! It sure is a good class.

    I do know dboy. he goes to my church. And I haven't been banned from his site, it's just a big role playing thing and now I can't post anymore. It's funny!
    Ludicrousity said...
    It's sad when it becomes like that. Real Christianity is about searching for the ultimate truth and discovering how it impacts on us and our world. I'm loving that journey of discovery I'm on.
    Brie said...
    I didn't know there was such a thing as bible college...
    Ludicrousity said...
    Really? There are lots of them. There are 6 I know of in Melbourne. There may be more though.
    iggi said...
    We had a public speeker at my school today. he asked us what is success and one kid said a good relationship with Jesus Christ. I think there are two main types of Christianity, the kind that focusses on religion, and the kind that focuses on a relashonship with Jesus. I'm guessing your Bible course is the relationship kind.
    Ludicrousity said...
    It sure is. The Christian lifestyle is a response to that relationship.
    Ludicrousity said...
    No, read it if you wanna know what I think.

    I can see where you're coming from bap. I know that people can behave like that, which is unfortunate and not at all what God wants. I think perhaps that is the difference between religion and a life born out of a relationship with God.
    Dboy said...
    I actually agree with BAP (I'm a Christian, BAP, and have been to Bible College, and also have done a major in philosophy at a secular university). Bible College is a great place to rattle the cages of Christians who have yet to learn to justify their faith.

    Because, if something is true, then it must be able to hold up to scrutiny, hey? That's why I'm a Christian: it is the only world view that holds up to close scrutiny, a\once you've considered the facts and the logic :)
    Anonymous said...
    uhhh ohh my gosh you didnt answer me *sobs*
    Ludicrousity said...
    I did answer you tinker bell! And I must say it's getting confusing have you be tinker bell and people calling me Tink! I do know dboy, he goes to my church. And I answer stuff here whenever I'm on the net which is every day, sometimes a few times a day depending on what I'm doing. I have no regular blogging time.

    And dboy, I totally agree!
    Anonymous said...
    хорошее arne't вы весь миллионо сыров счастливых
    Anonymous said...
    вывесьте больше изображений по мере того как я не могу понять вы говорите
    Anonymous said...
    добро приходит дальше, ответ
    Ludicrousity said...
    What the?! That was Russian right? It looks Russian. I just used an online translater and it tell me that the 3 russian posts say:

    good arne't you entire million cheeses happy

    vyves'te more than images in proportion to 4 I not can he understood you you speak

    is kindly come further, the answer
    Anonymous said...
    Ha ha! That's hilarious! :D

    And bap, your comments seriously concern me, seems you really have the wrong idea about Christianity. Sure, there are some whacked out Christians out there, but a lot of what you're saying (especially mixing up some religions) is based on outdated stereotypes. The Bible condemns judging others and such.

    Seriously dude, what you described isn't anything like the real Christianity.
    Anonymous said...
    This post has been removed by the author.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I think that's a bit of a broad statement. Let's just say that there is some bad stuff done in the name of Christianity, but it's not all bad.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates