Monday, August 01, 2005

Poo Happens...

Well guess what happened tonight? I rang Daniel to book in a time for us to play at the open mic night and he told me it had been shut down! We were so sad! Our regular 'gig' has been shut down. I'm sure there'd have to be something else out there for us, but we're very sad. We like the Wesley Anne, and we were getting to know all the regulars. Oh well. Poo happens. We managed to contact everyone who said they were coming to tell them we weren't performing. But we thought we should go anyway just in case others showed up who didn't tell us they were coming. So Ingi & I sat there for an hour having a good old chat. We had a good time, so it wasn't a complete waste of a night. But we're sad now... No more open mic night...

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    What a shame... Why don't you run an booleg open mic thing at the bolt??
    that'd be fun.
    Anonymous said...
    WHAT!!! NOOOOO!!!!! *huggles* But you're my favourite band!
    Anonymous said...
    There's heaps of open mic nights around Melb. Check out Thursday nights at Currys - a pub in Wellington st Collingwood. Starts around 9pm but if you want a spot be there a tad earlier; sometimes theres a lot of players, sometimes you might be the only one. Its a small, friendly pub & unyuppied. I try to get there every second week.
    Dboy said...
    Sounds cool. There's also an open mic night at the Panton Hill hotel. Can't remember what night though.

    An open mic night at the Bolt sounds pretty good though. I'm sure you'd grow a following.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I'd be so up for having an open mic night at the bolt! We've got heaps of talent around! how much fun!

    I've been to the panton hill one before, we might try that one again, it's a fair way away though, we might got get too many people coming along to that.

    And for the Curry's one, the guy who used to run the open mic night we were going to told me about that one. But Thursdays doesn't work for me now, coz I have classes until 9:30pm. ALthough I guess we could go later. WHo are you skate sleve?

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates