Monday, August 29, 2005

Big News!

Just wanted to let you know some huge news that's happening in our family. As some of you know, my brother Luke has severe scholiosis (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's curviture of the spine). He is going into hospital tomorrow for some very serious surgery. It's a really huge operation. He has the first stage of the surgery tomorrow and the second stage in 2 weeks time. He will be out of action for a few months.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) they are operating at about 1pm, and they are removing a couple of discs and cutting away muscles and tendons from his spine to prepare him for the second stage of surgery. In 2 weeks, they then attach 2 metal rods to his spine and basically tie them to it to try to straighten it out as much as possible.

If you could pray for him, that would be wonderful! This means lots of things for our family, having to care for him and rearrange our lifestyles for a while. Thanks so much!

I love you Luke! You're a wonderful brother and a wonderful man. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but I'm always here for you!

11 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    We're with you Luke!
    DON'T use the same medical team that Anakin used... that black mask thing is so yesterday.

    Consider yourself prayed for.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I don't know, I could see Luke with a black plastic suit breathing like a crazy asthmatic for the rest of his days...
    Anonymous said...
    Actually, I'm getting four socket hole installed so when they invent giant metal tenticles that can be controlled via the spine, I'll get them added on along with a very super-villain esque name.

    Thanks Tink, you're a champ, and it sounds wierd to be called a man by my sister. :P

    To hospital! *backflips into Operating Room*
    Ludicrousity said...
    That's the last lot of back flipping you'll be doing for a while. Have fun Octavious!
    Bizzle said...
    Ouch, thanks for the surgical procedure details. I'm thinking of you Luke, although I've only met you once.

    Jo Ireson had some sort operation today, having "some bits taken out, like all the other Poatina ladies" is all we were told. sounds a little bit creepy...I probably wont stay here too long...
    Ludicrousity said...
    You sure you don't want your lady bits taken out? Hope she feels better really soon! Tell her I say hi and I'm thinking of her and praying for her. I just adore Jo!
    Pirate said...
    good luck to Luke.
    Anonymous said...
    to save ringing you guys up and asking, when can I visit him?

    Not like the absolute soonest possible, but when will he be wanting visitors?

    For that matter, which hospital is he in? How do I go about finding him?
    Anonymous said...
    And who is he anyway?

    And when we find him, can we short sheet him?
    Ludicrousity said...
    He's in the royal Melbourne hospital. I'm not sure when he can have other visitors. I'm going to see him tonight, so I'll find out for you and email you about it.

    Horace... I'm not letting you near my little brother you stalker you! :)
    Dboy said...
    I'm not even in this thread yet.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates