Thursday, August 04, 2005

Replies!

Here is the promsied blog of answers to everyone's questions! So much blogging I can hardly keep up with my own site and I'm online EVERY DAY!!! You're all crazier than me! Now THAT'S a statement! (see my photo for proof).

The Christian Living Seminar subject is basically reading the bible and studying society. Seeing how the bible relates to our culture, and how best to live it and represent it to others, so that is real, accurate and relevant. It's also about personal growth and seeing what God is asking of us personally.

No, we don't do human sacrifices, but I may be willing to start this up if someone annoys me enough... :)

No cheese I'm not ignoring you. Why do you think that? Sorry if I did.

Bible College is soooooo different to Certificate IV in youth and community work (christian) and diploma! It's much more comprehensive. I think there is a much wider view of everything, it's much broader in it's perspectives on things. There is a lot more research done and discussed on theories and topics we study. There is so much more homework invovled! There is a lot of reading to do and papers to write. C4 was very activty based, this is more academic (being a uni course and all). It's better all around I think. Not to diss c4, they do some great things, but it's not as good as this.

BAP, yes, the church have done some questionable and down right wrong things in the name of religion and God, but it's important to study all aspects of history I think to get a realistic perspective on what has happened so we don't repeat mistakes of the past. There are some incredible things that have been done through the ages by the church, and also some attrocities. It's important for me to learn about how to really hear God and be in close fellowship with others who are doing the same, so that we can be his voice and his body in the world to make change for positive. Our world is in such a mess that I want to be be more equipped to make a positive impact on my world.

15 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    hey BAP, you've gotta be the coolest guy in town, cos your image is bustin MOOOOOOOOOOVES!!!

    Let's get this thread pumpin!

    *busts a hip hop head spinner*
    Anonymous said...
    *and starts beat boxing*

    no idea how to spell that!
    Anonymous said...
    I would've done a Mr. Bean move, but your guy's already doin that :(

    *chshhh chka chshhhhhh chka BOOM*
    Anonymous said...
    spose I could join in, hey?

    *starts thrusting his pelvis where it's not wanted*
    Anonymous said...
    *thrusts his pelvis into chickenhead's face*
    Anonymous said...
    you like that, chickenhead? oh yeah!

    *thrusts his pelvis into chickenhead's face again*
    Anonymous said...
    hey BAP, join in! it's great!
    Anonymous said...
    Im sure chicken likes those sort of things dont you chicken? lol
    Anonymous said...
    woah im like wow
    Anonymous said...
    woah i saw the chicks eating chicken meooow
    Anonymous said...
    i like the stuff on your blog its cool
    Anonymous said...
    yeah nice site
    Ludicrousity said...
    What's with all the crazy posts! It'd nbe kinda cool if people didn't post a thousand things at once, it's just hard to keep up is all. Perhaps put all you want to say in just one or two posts at a time. That'd be cool.

    Thanks chickenhead! I appreciate the encouragement!

    Megs... haha. I do get called Meags a lot, but not Megs really. I guess I don't mind what people call me. Well, if it's buttface I do.

    I go to a Baptist church BAP, but I am studying at a wesleyan college. I'm not very particular when it comes to denomenations. I am a Christian, not a Baptist. I hate labels like that. Just causes divisions where it's not necessary. If you follow God that makes you a Christian in my book.
    jenny said...
    phoaw... so hard to keep up with everything that goes on on your site - posts, comments... my head might explode!
    Ludicrousity said...
    We're studying the history of the Christian church. Both cathoic and prodestant. It's a study of every denomenation. We can't do everything in detail over a semester, but we'll do most stuff.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates