Sunday, October 09, 2005

Take Advantage!

I live in Melbourne, the world's second most livable city apparently. Which I would happen to agree with. Well, I think we're THE most livable city. We have been the last few years, but this year Vancouver beat us out. Grrr (Not Austin Powers Grrr)! Anyway, we have such a vast range of things to do, and I don't take advantage of it at all. I went to see Kathryn in a play last night and it was really good! Yay Kathryn! I love seeing plays and live music, but I don't get out there enough. There are always a thousand things to do in this city. I need to be more adventurous and go to places I don't usually go to, to see what's out there. I tend to go to the places I know, and while they are good, I think I'm missing out on a lot of awesome stuff. Everytime (ok, not EVERYtime, most times) I go somewhere new I find it's really interesting. Like when I went to see Mal Webb, he was amazing! I really want to go and see 'the merchants of bollywood'. It's a new production that starts in a couple of weeks. I just love the culture of Melbourne, but I don't get into it enough. GO MELBOURNE!!!

18 Comments:

  1. Mutt said...
    Hmmm... seems as though me living in Melbourne is wasted. I never want to go out or do anything really. I hate the beach, can't stand theme parks and rides and especially don't like window shopping (down there with Missy Higgins on my hate list) And I'm not patriotic at all, couldn't care less if the city I was in was at the bottom of the list.

    I think I should go live in Greenland. That would suit me more
    HoneyBee said...
    Well i live in the country travel 2 hours by train to get to melbourne then spend the day walking around aimlessly with my friends. we mostly try to find good shops. there is not a lot to do down here. most my friends live to far away 4 me to walk 2. but I LOVE THE COUNTRY and don't wanna move to the city!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I've grown up in the city, so I guess i'm just a city chick. I got bored when I lived in tassie coz I'm so used to having so many things to do. I love just going out to see live music and hanging out.
    Anonymous said...
    hmmm, we can help you with the greeenland thing... I thought old king kohl was a MERRY old soul... You should change your name to captain gringe!
    Anonymous said...
    KK, Are you related to my 'friend' bernard?
    Luke said...
    Who is manny? Hi manny!

    Greenland eh? Get outta here you unpatriotic heathen! To Greenland you go!
    Mutt said...
    *groan*

    That's just Revhead likening me to Bernard from Black Books (Manny is another character)

    Bernard is grumpy and doesn't like to do anything either, very similar to me in some respects

    ~O~

    And Tink! That didn't seem like a rush job like I expected after your late notice fretting.

    I thought it was great how you started with a personal approach and a practical application to James, while Brent did the summary. Your respective talks complimented eachother well.

    Ug boots at church!
    Dboy said...
    Hahaha! Brilliant! You're talk was brilliant! Well done, Tink. I was proud :)

    Kohl - I think you'd know the difference between us and other places if you experienced living somewhere else - we're very, very blessed in Melbourne.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Oh yeah! Preach it brother! And that last post from guru, was me again... sigh... I'll get used to it one day.

    Thanks for the encouragement guys!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Um, what is a totem museum?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Totem tennis?
    Ludicrousity said...
    No, I'm pretty sure it'd be a museum dedicated to totem tennis.
    Dboy said...
    I agree with and laugh at Megan's comment.
    Ludicrousity said...
    But that's a ridiculous idea! Totem tennis man! TOTEM TENNIS!!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I still don't know why you'd want to see lots of totem tennis polls.
    Dboy said...
    Why not? I love totem tennis!

    *WHACK*
    Ludicrousity said...
    Just be green I think.
    Ludicrousity said...
    And Orange.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates