Friday, October 14, 2005

All I Want To Do Is Write!

All I want to do at the moment is write music, but I'm not finding the time. I have a lot of study to do and other committments. Stupid responsibilities. I could quite happily be a full time muso. Sure I'd be poor, but you know, it'd be all good. I'm so inspired at the moment. And I'm really enjoying the Missy Higgins DVD I bought a couple of weeks ago. Lots of inspiration from her. And Ingi & I are going to see Missy, Ben Lee and others in concert in a couple of weeks! YAY!!! And we have a gig coming up next week! WHOO!!! We'll be doing all originals! Come see us! Music is such an all consuming thing for me. I go through various spurts, and right now is a rather intense one of only wanting to play and sing and forsake everything else. But I am trying to keep a healthy balance. Trying.

13 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Is Lior's support act going to be at the Missy/Ben lee concert? :P
    Ingi said...
    Go missy, only 18 more days to go!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Indeed Ingi!
    And Orby, thankfully NOT!!! He sure was odd!
    Ingi said...
    I hope not!!!
    Luke said...
    Apparently Wierd Al and Missy Higgens are touring together early next year with their latest album "You're Still The Only One Who Like Polka".
    Mutt said...
    haha
    Missy Higgins is like Dr. Pepper, either you think she's sliced bread, or you want her to die slowly.

    And I'd say Naruto is great, but it's up and down. There are long stretches where Miyazaki's films are easily better, but Naruto's peaks are Hands-down City. I guess that's what you get from years of character progression though, works differently to film - you'd know about that
    Ingi said...
    17 more days untill Missy
    Ludicrousity said...
    WHOO!!! I can't wait!!! MISSY!!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Hi cap charisma! Nice to have you around! I love monty python!!!

    I tent to write songs by writing the chords first, then the lyrics, then singing them to any tune that fits with the chords. Lots of trial and error. I really enjoy writing music, but I find it incredibly difficult. All asepcts of it. It's strange that I like something that I find so hard. Writing lyrics is so hard!!!
    Luke said...
    Last night I had a breakthrough. About five rules for always striking the tone of Dean Crosby (my feature film script) correctly while writing. It was kinda funny, it came to me while watching Angel.

    Writing in all forms in a very complicated and trying art form.
    Dboy said...
    Yeah, both Ben Lee and Missy Higgins have crept up on me slowly, so that now I would actually say that I really like both.

    "I fart in your general direction!"
    Ludicrousity said...
    You should see some of the crap I write! I find it very difficult and my pages are mostly scribbled out bad lyrics with a few decent ones.
    Ludicrousity said...
    WHOO! How true!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates