Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Feeling Special

Well that's what's going on for me today. I'm feeling very very special! I spoke to Claire on the phone just before. She's the one getting married in 3 and a half weeks (why I'm going to Tassie). And we talked about me singing at her reception and what's going on with that. I was just thinking about how special it is that she and Brenton want to include me in what is one of the most important days of their lives. Forget what I'm actually doing, it's just such an honour to be asked to be a part of their special day. And she asked me to come to her hens night too. I can't wait!

I leave for Tassie in 3 weeks today! YAY!

Well our demo cd is almost done! For those of you not in the know, Ingrid and I are in an acoustic duo and we recorded our demo cd a few weeks ago. I've been listening to it some more to see what I think needs to be changed and I'm almost completely happy with it. One or two things that need altering, but I'm so excited about having a finished product!

I'm not sure what it is about music, but it brings me alive somehow. I am rarely anywhere without sound. Most of the time it's a musical sound. I don't like silence much. I'm not entirely sure why. Unless I'm sleeping of course! Then silence is great!!

I love singing! It just makes me feel more alive somehow. It expresses things in me that mere words cannot do. I also love playing the piano. It really does something for me. I like playing music in general, but I hardly play my other instruments these day, so the piano is really what I'm focussing on instrumentally. My violin is very neglected these days, as is my trumpet and my guitar. *sigh* I really get so much joy from singing and playing the piano. It feels like part of me would be very sad if I wasn't able to express this part of me. As it is, I don't feel like I get to do it enough. I'd love to do more with my music. Which is why I can't wait to get out and play some gigs with Ingrid!

7 Comments:

  1. Brie said...
    You sound like a very musical person, I can play a part of the Titanic theme song on the piano and that's about it. I learn the guitar as well but I don't practise very often so I'm kinda terrible!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I can play the titanic song too! One of the first songs i learnt in high school! Haha!
    Bowen said...
    Blog hopper.
    Anonymous said...
    Music is great. I don't know how, but it's the one thing that humans have invented that can truelly speak to us on every level. Real music can fuel us, substain us, bring us through anything, lift us up, bring us down, open our eyes, close us down, make us dance, bring us to life, talk to our souls, bring people together, set them apart and create a really wild time. I love it when the volume is up so loud that I can close my eyes and be totally engolfed in it. The air is thick with it, the rythem controls my mind and my pauls follows the base line. Music is more then sound. It's alive. It really sucks that I can't play and can't sing. I think people who can are really lucky, they have the gift of the untimate communicatin. I would love to be able to create this beutiful natureal high.
    Anonymous said...
    Sorry about that. I got carried away.
    Dboy said...
    Carried away! Good work, keep it up.

    Music is the bees knees. There's something so awesome about different pitched sounds all strung in a row for different periods of time.

    Like Chili Peppers. Man they're awesome. And Faith No More. They were the best. My two most favourite bands, excluding awesome and gnarly Christian stuff, like Sons of Korah *drool*
    Ludicrousity said...
    Oh how I adore sons of korah!!! One of the best live acts I've ever seen for sure! I just lvoe music really. I'm so passionate about music.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates