Saturday, May 14, 2005

Ged oudda ereee

Well yesterday was certainly an interesting day. I got about an hour and a half of sleep, then got up at 1:15am to go an audition for Australian Idol 3. Ug. It was rather cold too! We (and when I say we I mean myself, Kathryn, Luke and Naomi) got there (after a detour via a 24 hour maccas) at about 3am and lined up for the long wait. There were heaps of people there already, it was kinda crazy. We only had 2 blankets between the four of us (good organisation I know) and we had to sit on one of those coz the ground was all dirty and rocky where we were, so Kathryn and I headed back home to get doonas and pillows for everyone. That was much better!

So we were in this giant queue (or sleep out) until about 6:30am when they moved us into a line inside the venue (but still outside), but that was handled so badly, that the queues we had been in no longer meant anything, so the people who had got there last we up the front of the queue!!! What's the point of camping out?! ARGH! So unfair! The line snaked around like 5 or 6 times or something like that, but then instead of moving around in line, everyone just ran for the gate! The security people were like "NO! Wait!", but it was too late. So now we're like 2/3 of the way down the queue instead of about 1/4 of the way down it. We had to queue up outside for about 8 hours. Then we finally got inside at about 11am, and to wait inside for another 3 and a half hours.

I was finally called in for my audition at 2:30pm. By this time I certainly wasn't feeling very well. I'd hardly eaten, and I was so nervous I'd been almost vomitting all morning. I was kinda over the really nervous thing just because I was so tired. I was so tired (and feeling a bit sick from sleep deprivation) though that I wasn't functioning very well. So I finally got in the line inside the audition rooms and all these awesome singers were being rejected, you could hear them through the doors, and no one was coming out with blue slips (to get through). So I wasn't particulalry encouraged! Then I went in, sang the chorus of my song (which was '10 days' by Missy Higgins) and was told "Thanks, but you won't be going through to the next round". Well, that was it. All that for one sentance from some judges. Oh, and you don't get to see Marcia, Mark and Kyle either, there are some other judges, then you get to see the producers if the first guys like you, then if they like you, you get a ticket thing to get you into see marcia, mark and kyle next week. Believe it or not, but something protreyed on tv isn't acurate!

So there you go. That's my thrilling Australian Idol experience. I just wanted to make it past one round, or even just one set of judges would have been nice. I know it's only Australian Idol, and I shouldn't really care, and I'm not shattered or anything like that. But I am disappointed. I did want to get past just one round. I almost had myself convinced that I could too. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not that I get so much positive reinforcement. Has that given me an unrealistic perception of myself? I think about all those really crapy singers you see who think they're good coz everyone keeps telling them they are. I hope that's not me. I'm pretty sure it's not to that extreme, but perhaps in a more moderate case it is. Not that I don't mind positive reinforcement, thanks to those who give it to me. I just wonder what it was that meant I didn't make the cut. I wish I could go back and ask them. But I wasn't really thinking clearly what with all the sleep deprivation and nerves and disappointment at not even making it through the first lot of judges.

My brother on the other hand did make it past the first round of judges! Yay for him! Well done Luke! I'm proud of you! He got to see the producers, but then they said he wouldn't go through to see marcia, mark and kyle. But I'm also heaps annoyed! He didn't even want to go to the auditions, I practically dragged him there, and he didn't really want to get through, but no, he gets through and I don't. Grrr! But he is a great singer, so well done to him. It still sucks though...

I slept so much last night! I went to bed at 5:30pm, got up at 9pm, went back to bed at 10:30pm and got up this morning at 8am. Oh yeah! So much sleeping! I'm still tired though damnit. I might even have to have a nap this arvo. I think my body clock is going to have to readjust after missing a night's sleep.

Oh well, there is my longest blog yet, my rant and rave about Australian Idol and it's crushing defeat of me. Haha! Love to you all!

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Awww, thanks for the mention. Yeah, kinda funny how I got further than you, and I didn't even wanna go. :P

    But I had a hunch I'd get past the first judges and not the second this year, and I was spot on. One of the few predictions I made that was accurate. Love you Megan! You're singing rocks, you just become famous then stick it to those stupid judges anyway.

    And I told ya I shouldn't have gone! Whadda crappy 13 hours!!
    Anonymous said...
    Poor Ludicrousity! Welcome to the cynical world of media entertainment. They are not interested in you or genuine music... you are all expendable fodder for their egos and marketing $$$.
    At least you keep your soul. It has some grass stains on itand some Minities wrappers stuck to it, and it sounds very sleepy and grumpy, but is still intact.

    Real success has nothing to do with fame in Vanity Fair, Virginia. Rest awhile in Curly Flats. Contemplate your duck, content on a misty pond and listen to the humming of the dragonflies. There you will find your Muse waiting for you.
    therevhead
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, Ludicrosity, it's I' m intrigued by the blog world and have been cruising around a few seeing what people write about and how their friends respond... Interesting, when it's a wacky funny or exciting or trivial post heaps of people comment in to cheer ... but when someone does a deeper, bit ouchy post - like yours they all go quiet. 24 hours since anyone's done any commiserating. Do people actually care on the www? Hmmm, i wonder whether blog-friends are real or just a cyber illusion... yey for real friends!
    therevhead
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, I find that too. it takes effort for people to get emotionally engaged I think, so they only respond when it's trivial, otherwise, they actually have to think. Not to diss any of my friends. I love you all, but yeah, that does seem to be a pattern I've noticed on many blogs. Perhaps I should be shallow and have more internet friends?
    Anonymous said...
    No, ludicrousity. I actually do know you - in the non cyberworld - and know what a fantastic caring friend you are to so many people...
    [wipes tear from eye and purses quivering bottom lip, whilst reaching for pink hanky].
    Don't change! I think faith has found its home in you!
    therevhead
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, I read it all. :-) I just need to find some time to reply properly when I'm not so tired. This weekend hasn't been particularly relaxing, and I'm feeling pretty stuffed at the moment. :-(
    Dboy said...
    Hey, I care. Sure. Lots and lots. You betcha. Here comes a whole load of care.

    Joviality and insensitive, unfunny crap aside, I fully understand your Australian 'Idol' plight.

    It's a joke - Chrystal auditioned last year, and, as we all know, she has an amazing voice. She didn't get past the first lot of judges either (I couldn't be bothered doing it). Don't fret for a second, and especially don't take a single word uttered out of their twisted buttocks seriously. Chrystal and I lined up for ages too, in the muck and cold, only to be slowly ciphered through into a hallway where we waited some more. Then the tears came. Stacks and stacks of people walking out of the audition rooms crushed. Some of them performed in front of everyone with phenominal voices and then proceeded to scream that they didn't make it past the first judges and burst into a flurry of sobs. It was frustratingly stupid. Chrystal and I figured out, by watching one of the guys who DID get through, that you have to have something either very different or very odd about you for you to make it. Hence a guy got in by singing some Jewish moaning jibberish, and hence your brother got through. Luke's a mental case.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha! Well thanks for the encouragement. I'm ok with not getting thoruhg, no tears or anything from me. But I'm just a little disappointed, that's all. you guys are awesome! And I'm soooooooooo confused as to who you are revhead!!!!
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, Luddy! R U doing SW 3 wednesday midnite?
    therevhead
    Ludicrousity said...
    I sure am! But if you're going with the church crew I won't be in the same cinema as you. I'm going with some work mates and we bought our tickets later so we're in the second cinema.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates