Monday, May 09, 2005

I get a kick out of you

So it's Monday morning. No it's not, it's Monday afternoon and I still haven't done anything. Great! GO ME! Oh how I love to sleep. But I have done some washing, I guess that's something. My parents are away if I haven't told you that yet, so I'm the chief cooker and cleaner at my place at the moment. My brother has no idea how to do these things you see. If I went away, he'd just live in dirty clothes and live off toasted cheese sandwhiches. But I love him!

We did our recording on Saturday. It went really well. It was long, but fun. But I was late to a party at my own house. Oops. I turned up an hour and a half after the first people did. HAHA! Oh well, they had fun without me anyway. Hmmm, not sure that's a good thing. Anyway, I won't get all melancholy (is that how you spell that?) on you. But yeah, we now have a 5 track demo cd! YAY! There is still some post production mixing to be done, but we layed all the tracks down which was so exciting! Ingrid played her guitar stuff, then I sang on top of that, which was weird coz I had headphones on and sang to what Ingi had just played, but everyone else in the room could hear only me singing with no music. It was a little unnerving. I felt highly conspicuous! But it's exciting to think that we almost have a really good demo cd. We can start sending it out to venues and hopefully score some gigs out of them. We're looking to get maybe 2 nights a week at a regular venue. I just can't wait!

So if you were at my house on Saturday night, thanks for coming, I had an awesome time, and if you weren't there, I think we're doing it all over again this Saturday, so feel free to come around and crash my place. If you know where I live that is! No stalkers allowed. My dog will eat you (if you've seen my dog you'll know what I mean...)!

I went to a 21st last night. It's been a little while since I've been to any of those. It was my friend Alison's younger sister. It was a 60's dress up night, and some people went all out! Her boyfriend went as Austin Powers! What a cack! Mostly it was just little 60's dresses and very short skirts and very high hair. I went as a real woodstock hippy. How fun! That was in 1969 right? Anyway, I had this giant, shiny, gaudy peace sign necklace I made myself and everything!

Peace out my tree hugging friends!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey! I would also live of Subway until I ran out of money...

    Jerkmo.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, ok. I'll agree with that. But that still supports my theory about you nto beign able to cook.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Hey Hey! leave the kid alone! If he wants to be a SLOB, THAT's OK! I assume he means he'd live in a REAL SUBWAY not the foodie place.

    about the 60s thing... what did the guys wear. I assume the girls did the mini thing NOT the boys.
    Great night at your place Saturday night. What time did you actually hit the sack ludicrosity?? 3pm 4pm??? No wonder you are turning into the Zombie that ate Monday.
    thesamrevhead
    Ludicrousity said...
    I got to bed just after 3am on Sunday morning. Sooooooooo tired on Sunday.... I got like 3 and a half hours sleep, it was fun on Saturday night though.

    On Sunday night the boys kinda did the austin powers thing mostly, but one guy went drag and just dressed up like a 60s girl, it was just so wrong. Some guy went as hendrix too.

    And no, he means the food place subway.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates