Monday, May 30, 2005

Hellooooo Sailor!

Ok, ignore the title...

But I am going to Tassie!!! I just booked my boat trip over there! I leave at 9pm on June 21st! I'm so excited! Some friends of mine are getting married in Longford (about 20 mins south east of Launceston), and they have asked me to sing at their reception! I feel so honoured to be asked such a thing! So I'm taking the opportunity to stay for a bit of a holiday. It'll be great to catch up with all my Tassie friends.

At the moment I'm booked to go on Jun 21 and come back on July 11, but ideally I'd like to stay until July 19 (an extra week) to see all the Fusion people come down for Foundations. I want to see some of my friends graduate Diploma on July 18. But I don't know if I can afford to stay that long. We'll see how things pan out. I can change my boat booking if I need to.

I'M SO EXCITED!

All you Fusion people (and Tassie people), I can't wait to see you again!!!!!!!!

I must say I'm not looking forward to the boat trip though. I get indescribbly sea sick. But if I'm going to be there for so long and I'm going to be travelling all over the state I really need my car. The trip is going to suck... Watch out anyone sitting near me...

17 Comments:

  1. :| raven |: said...
    sounds like a lovely trip although i have never heard of any of those places.

    i would love to take a boat ride .. i'm sorry that you get sick. a lot of people do.

    i hope you have a great time!
    Bowen said...
    you'll have to come visit me!
    Queenie said...
    When I was three years old, my aunt taught me, to say to every single man I saw, "Hey sailor, buy me a drink."
    Loverly!

    Q
    Ludicrousity said...
    Charming!

    I'll definately come to visit you Bowen!!! For sure! Are you going to cook me a three course meal like last time I came to stay? :)

    Raven - Tasmania is a state of Australia. I lived there in 2003 - 2004, so I'm going back to visit.
    HoneyBee said...
    I get sea sick to. Its not much fun. Hope you dont get sea sick and i hope you have fun!
    Bowen said...
    how about you cut the cheek and i'll cook you butter chicken?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Ok! I'm up for that Bowen! Yay! Butter chicken! How exciting!

    But giving you cheek is just so fun! :)
    jenny said...
    bowen, you should cook howie butter chicken. he much likes it.
    Anonymous said...
    My tip is drink seawater, it'll cure what ails ya...and then make you sick again.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Thank you for your words of wisom. I'll keep that in mind if I ever feel the need to get better and get immediately ill agian.
    SuperKate said...
    My friend and I once found a children's book called "Hello Sailor". It was a touching story about a lighthouse keeper and a sailor who had picnics and fell in love and ran off together or something. Mostly I was just taken with the title so I didn't pay much attention to the story.

    Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time on your trip. It's always nice to revisit places and people that made you happy.
    Anonymous said...
    Heh heh, I'll personally "request" the boat driver to do a poor job. :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    Aren't you just the most charming brother on the planet...
    Bowen said...
    I shall make it them mail it to him jenny.

    Hugh posted!
    Anonymous said...
    Have a good trip! I've never been to Tassy but I've heard that it' very beutiful, very cold, and very hard to drive in. The last one's not much of a problem for me coz I don't have my licence. But anyway, I hope you have a great time.
    Dboy said...
    Ginger tablets! They worked for Chrystal on a boat in Ha Long Bay (Vietnam)
    Ludicrousity said...
    I've tried that. Does help me. I get so sick. So far I haven't found anything that helps. I tried ginger tablets and they didn't work, then I tried those travel sickness bracelts you can get that put pressure on pressure points that are supposed to help, then I tried proper tablets you get from a chemist and they just made me drowsy and feel woosy but not non sick. :(

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates