Saturday, May 07, 2005

Play it again Sam

Ok, I'm attempting to do a picture thing again, someone told me how to get it to work (thanks Bowen). Therefore if this doesn't work, it's all his fault!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So today is the day when Ingi (aka Ingrid) and I finally record our demo cd! For those of you not in the know, Ingi and I are in an accoustic duo together (the name is a work in progress). She's on guitar and I'm on vocals. We did record a demo cd a couple of months ago, but we decided we weren't entirely happy with the way it turned out, so we're doing it again and today is the day! It's really quite exciting! We;re hoping to get into the industry as mainly a cover band to start off with. We are putting one original song we wrote on the cd, but mostly covers. We would love to score a couple of pubs gigs a week as some extra pocket money. But really, I just want to do it coz it's what I've always wanted to do. I'd love to be a singer and get paid for it! It's seriously like a dream come true! Well it will be when we finally have this cd and we can send it out to venues and actually get some jobs!

8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Well I'm about to pack up my computer to get it ready to take to our "studio". I'll see you in a bit over an hour.
    Ludicrousity said...
    YAY!!!! In case other people are reading this, Orbter is one of our sound guys! WOOT! How exciting!!!!
    Unknown said...
    YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY RECORDING!!!! YOU HAVTA GET ME A COPY OF THE RECORDED ALBUM OR WHATEVER! I LOVE THAT SONG YOU SENT ME I PLAY IT ALL THE TIME!!!!
    Luv you lots and ALWAYS, Matty!!!! xoxoxo...
    P.S. Yes, you are my Queen.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, queen, can you post this amazing song of wwhich we hear on this 'ere site, low quality mpeg??
    therevhead
    Ludicrousity said...
    It's not finished yet. There is still some post production mixing to do, I'm not sure if I'll post it on here, just coz people can get it and pass it around or whatever. I might send it to some people privately if they want it. And Matty, the new version of that song is so much better! Same song, just better quality. YAY! We have a 5 track demo cd!!! Well, almost. As I said, still some mixing to do.
    Anonymous said...
    What's happening as far as post production stuff? Is Blaine doing it? I assume he is, since he has all the files. Seems like I haven't really done anything this time around. Oh well...
    Anonymous said...
    what's wrong with people passing it around???
    therevhead
    Ludicrousity said...
    I just dont' want an unfinished version floating around. And even a real version I dont' want floating around, someone might steal our song and claim it as their own!!!!

    And yeah, I think Blaine is messing around with it to see what he can do.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates