Saturday, September 17, 2005

Theatre Sports!

So I went to see some professional theatre sports tonight in St. Kilda. I had soooo much fun! I've never seen real professional theatre sports before. It's all improvisation stuff. This was the second last show of a bunch of international players that are over here for a festival at the moment, so it was some of the best players in the world all together. They were just so spontaneously creative and hilarious! They had a lighting chick, an MC and a dude on keyboard who provided music stuff inbetween and during most of the skit things.

Mostly it was just various combinations of the players doing short games, and the audience would shout out ideas and they'd run with them, but twice they got people from the audience up on stage. They got this dude called Ross up there and he dressed up like a woman and it was all a bit weird. Then they asked for someone to get up and play the piano for them while they did a musical number, and all my friends (thanks guys...) were pointing at me, so I got up and played! It was so much fun! I'm so glad I did it! I played this predicatble progression to start with, then moved on to some slow jazz, to funky jazz, to deep moving jazzy stuff, to pretty chords. The players sang all this hilarious stuff! It was just awesome fun, and they gave me some red bull as a thank you! Haha!

I recommend going to see professional theatre sports if you get the opportunity! Great stuff!

14 Comments:

  1. Ingi said...
    Sounds awesome!! You would have starred on stage Meags.
    Mutt said...
    so It was kind'a like 'Who's line?'

    Congratulations!
    Anonymous said...
    omg that sounds so cool! *does 4th comment dance* MY FILLING FEEL OUT LAST NIGHT!
    Anonymous said...
    There's a new rule where FIFTH commmennt gets TWENTY points!

    THANKYOU!!!!

    Yaay!!! I want to thank my mom aand dad and.....

    *SPACEJUMP*
    Ludicrousity said...
    And because I own this blog, I'm taking 40 points away from you for awarding yourself points revhead! The points are mine to give and take away! Mwahahaha!

    Yes King Kohl, the theatre sports are very much like who's line is it anyway. So much fun!
    Dboy said...
    I've got one thing to say to you, Megan:

    "Screw you!"
    Ludicrousity said...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    It's Gina!!!
    No incrimination photos as far as I'm aware, but I guess it's still possible that the blackmail will begin some time this week.
    Dboy said...
    Hehe... screws are funny :)
    Ludicrousity said...
    You're screwed!
    Dboy said...
    Hehehe... a variation.
    Dboy said...
    You've got a screw loose :)
    Ludicrousity said...
    You're a screwball!
    Dboy said...
    Um... ah... you look like a corkscrew! Ahaha... ah... hmmmm.....

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates