Monday, September 12, 2005

Are you really my friend?

"When our approach to life revolves around discipline, commitment, and knowledge but runs from feeling the hurt of unmet longings, then our efforts to love will be marked more by required action than by liberating passion. We will be known as reliable, but not invovled. Honest friends will report that they enjoy being with us, but have trouble feeling close. Even our best friends (uncluding spouses) will feel guarded around us, a little tense and vaguely distant."

Pg. 107 of 'Inside Out' by Dr. Larry Crabb

I have felt this so much from others over the time I spent in Tassie. It's a horrible way to live. Such disconnection.

5 Comments:

  1. Zebe said...
    i find that happens a bit to me aswel. i HATE it...
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, I think it's a sad state of affairs when our society functions that way. It's like showing emotion and connection is weak or something, BUt I think it takes more strength to make yourself vulnerable to another.
    HoneyBee said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    HoneyBee said...
    I agree Ludicrousity, it is sad
    Mutt said...
    It's better than having your life revolve around that sense of unmet longings

    LUKE REPORT!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates