Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Little Brother

Well Luke went in today for his second operation. He now has 2 metal rods attached to his spine. It was such a major operation! He is in extreme amounts of pain. He can't move at all now. At least last time he could move his legs and his arms, now he can kind of move his arms, and not his legs at all. He's really suffering a lot. He kept saying how unbearable the pain was. It's horrible! So keep praying for him guys. It's so hard for me to see him like that and not be able to do anything for him. It made me cry, and I have tears in my eyes as I write this. My parents are rather stressed at the moment too. It's a tough time for our family. But we know God is looking after us. I just hope Luke feels better really really soon!

But the operation was a big success. They said everything went as expected and he came through it really well. But unfortunately that doesn't stop him being in lots of pain now. Here are some photos from tonight. First one is Luke in bed, the second one is Luke's freaky eyes. The morphine made his pupils all tiny and he wanted me to take a photo of his eyes so he could see them later. He can't really open his eyes at the moment. Then there is a photo of his hilarious socks! They are designed stop his blood from clotting, but I just think they're funny!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I LOVE U LUKE!!!! :'( and i hate seeing u in pain, oh baby, you'll feel so much better soon, and be well.
    Anonymous said...
    I hope he gets better really quick. I can only imagine (well, actually, I guess I can't) what it must be like.
    Mutt said...
    Is he up for visiters?

    I was thinking about visiting him wednesday afterschool

    I still feel really bad about not being able to visit him before he went back in
    Ludicrousity said...
    He can't have visitors just yet. He should be able to have visitors as of tomorrow (Thursday). I'll email out details of when people can visit him.
    Zebe said...
    hope luke gets betta sooonn!!!!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Is he on pain killing medication?! Oh he's on a thousand different kinds of medication, and half of them are pain killers.

    Thanks everyone!
    jenny said...
    hope he's going ok despite the pain. its great the op was a big success
    iggi said...
    I hope he improves, it's good that the op was a success. At times like this, it's good that you have your faith, so that you have something to hold on to.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates