Monday, September 19, 2005

Once Upon A Time... (take 2)

I did a public speaking course called "Synapse" this weekend. I learnt so much, and I just loved it! The aim was to equip us with tools so that public speaking becomes manageable and less daunting, and I certainly feel that is true for me! A lot of it was about the art of story telling, how powerful stories can be to make a point. There were about 25 of us who did the course. It was so awesome to spend the weekend getting to know some people better too. I feel like I've made some new friends this weekend, and strengthened some other friendships. Anyone reading this who was at Synapse: YOU ROCK!!!

I've just had a fantastic weekend! Synapse was great, the theatre sports on Saturday night were incredible, and I had a great day yesterday. After Synapse finished I had lunch with a bunch of people, then 6 of us went to visit Luke in hospital. He's coming home today! WOOT! Then we went to Lygon Street and had Gelati while we sat in a park. Mmm... Gelati... I'm sorry Kathryn! Kathryn hates it when I get gelati without her! I still love you! Then I went to church, and we went back to Brent's place to paly table tennis and stuff.

I'm on 2 weeks holiday! WHOO! Mid-semester break!

Check out my blog and links list. Lots of new blogs and links to check out! Brent has had a blog for a while which he has been keeping from us! And Naomi has a gallery now! Yay!

EDIT: If you want to check out Synergy's (the acoustic duo I'm in) website, I've taken off the Missy Higgins song, and put up a Pete Murray Cover.

17 Comments:

  1. Mutt said...
    Three posts? What are you, the anti-danny?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Mwahaha! I sure am! I'm not sure, how, but I am!
    Martin Boutros said...
    aghwwww, how sweeet.

    swaying, now
    swaying.....
    Ludicrousity said...
    Reasons are overrated!
    Dboy said...
    Hehe... reasons give us excuses for conversation and argument.

    Yeah, hanging out for the whole weekend was so much awesome. Really really awesome. Seeing Luke was awesome too, as was eating Nutella gelati (surprisingly nice, and not yucky fake bollocks!).

    Wish I could've hung out at the Grimes' place last night after church too, but I ended up doing quite a bitof reading on my assignment that I'm meant to be doing right now, so it was worth it *sob*

    I love you guys...

    "Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya..."
    Ludicrousity said...
    Kumbaya...

    Glad you were at least productive if you weren't hanging out with us last night. Mmm... gelati... we should do that again soon... and by soon I mean now.
    Anonymous said...
    VISIT MY GALLERY!!!! *cough cough* i mean mmm gelati BANANA CAKE MIX FLAVOURED!
    Zebe said...
    hey, i made it onto the links list!! YES!!!
    now... to overthrow her as leader... i didnt just say that aloud, did i?
    bugger, my plan has been revealed...
    Ludicrousity said...
    There is a banana flavour gelati that nomes claims tastes like banana cake mix! It's the best gelati shop in the world! Right dboy? Case Del Gelato on Lygon St!
    Bizzle said...
    Since cake was mentioned, I better mention that I created* the best cake in the history of the universe this afternoon. Mmmm...Madiera.

    *cake may or may not have come from packet.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Packet cakes are a perfectly acceptable kind of cake!
    Dboy said...
    Yes, a crap kind. And by crap I mean okay.

    Mmmmmm... gelatamungo!!!

    I wanna try the cookie crumble one that Alex had. That looked fully the awesomest. Coconut was pretty good too.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Let's go back some time soon and we can try all sorts of exciting flavours!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Gelati excursion!!!
    Anonymous said...
    TAKE ME WITH YOU *cries*
    Dboy said...
    You are all taken with us, in spirit.

    *looks all spirit-ey and makes woooo-ey noises*
    Ludicrousity said...
    Geeeeeellllllllaaaaaaaaaatiiiiiiiiiiiii....

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates