Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nimbin?

Well I have an opportunity to go up to Nimbin for a month or so to take over a Christian radio show on a Sunday morning. The lady who does it wants a holiday and needs someone to take her place. So seeing as I worked as a radio announcer for 2 years, I might go up there on my holidays and run her show while she goes away. It's kind of exciting. Nimbin is a VERY alternative community, and I'm quite excited about their live music scene. I'm still not sure I'll go, and I don't really want to go by myself, so if anyone wants to go with me, please let me know! It might be for most of the month of July, or just before. Which is soon I know. I think it'll be an adventure anyway! I'll keep you posted on what I decide.

By the way, in case you have no idea where it is. It's in northern NSW. Here is a map. You might want to zoom out to see where it is in relation to the rest of Australia.

EDIT:
I should have included:
CARN THE SOCCEROOS!!!!
I only saw the last 15 minutes of the game last night, but they were by far the best 15 minutes of the game! Yay for Cahill! GO AUSSIE GO!

22 Comments:

  1. jenny said...
    it is indeed VERY alternative! i've not been there myself, but one of my very good friends stayed there for a time, and its pretty crazy.
    iggi said...
    you may as well go. We only live once. according to most religions anyway
    wire said...
    you're going to have to start practicing your "stoned face" if you want to fit in.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I have a suspician I'm pretty good at looking vagued out...
    Zebe said...
    aha nice.
    but YAY FOR SOCCEROOS!!
    ive told my mates who went to japan that they have to email their host families and brag :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    Good plan! :)
    Rob said...
    if you go to nimbin, start a stopwatch when you get there and see how many seconds go by before you are offered drugs...hehe
    Ludicrousity said...
    Will I even get to start the stopwatch?
    Litha said...
    How are you getting there? ROAD TRIP!?!

    Or can you fly there?
    Ludicrousity said...
    ROAD TRIP!!!!
    Anonymous said...
    LOUD NOISES!!!



    PS go the roos
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    Sounds like a decent opportunity, though. If I lived in Oz, I'd go with you!

    I love lamp.
    Ludicrousity said...
    That'd be nice DCMM! :) Anyone in Oz want to go with me? Please?

    Brick, are you just looking around the room and saying you love things you see?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Of course! Great to have you back panda!

    And Peebody, good plan. Apprently you're a jinx. Although I honetsly can't see us winning against Brazil...
    Litha said...
    I wouldn’t mind tagging along, I have a long lost friend is Lismore I'd like to track down and according to that map, it's only a 1.5cm away. But I don't think I'd be able to go in the time you're going, our uni holidays don't correspond very well
    Ludicrousity said...
    Even if you just wanna come up for a few days, let me know!
    Dboy said...
    Nimbin is a mad town. Mad. And scary. Very scary. I'll be impressed if you last more than a day or so. Chrystal and I lasted less than 5 mins, and were offered drugs twice after we had walked less than 10 steps into the town. Scary people.

    Then again, you're pretty scary yourself, and on the drug side of things...
    Ludicrousity said...
    What was scarey apart from being offered drugs? I'm expecting to be offered drugs.
    Glen O'Brien said...
    I pioneered a church plant in Nimbin in 1986, whcih later "morphed" into the Lismore Wesleyan Methodist Church. We held Sunday services in the public hall on the main street, held midweek Bible Studies, did street evangelism and visited out on the communes. It was pretty wild stuff and a real learning curve.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Awesome! Sounds pretty full on Glen!
    Anonymous said...
    hey ..... when you get to nimbin talk to me about your live local handpicked home grown cd .......the radio station called nim fm has a great site..... down load the last fund razor.... alternative is not scarry but challenging to the others.... safe journey
    Ludicrousity said...
    Thanks flick! How did you find my blog?

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates