Monday, June 19, 2006

Nimbin Is Happening!

Well, I'm definitely going to Nimbin! How very exciting! I'll be going for about 3 weeks leaving on July 4th. I'm going up with my friend Sabine from uni. We're being billeted out with a local Christian family who live 8km out of Nimbin. Thanks heaps to Rob & Rikki Fischer for organsing everything up that end for us! I'll be running Rhonda's radio show on a Sunday morning from 7-11am, but apart from that we're pretty much going to be free. Byron Bay is only half an hour away, and the Gold Coast is an hour and a half or so. Did I hear someone say DAY TRIPS?! The weather is going to be so much better up there! I miss working on radio, so I think it'll be really great to get back into it for a while. God is defintely looking after us! I was given $100 last night to put towards fuel costs for the trip up there! How awesome is that?! It's going to cost a few $100 to get up there and back, it's a long, long way (to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll)! I was a bit worried about costs and being able to afford it all, but it seems that God is providing! As he tends to do! :) I leave in 2 weeks and 1 day. I'll be taking so many photos!

8 Comments:

  1. Martin Boutros said...
    Just a warning - if they talk about DAY TRIPS in Nimbin --- any trips actually, DON'T ASSUME CARS ARE INVOLVED!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha! Good call Revvy! I'll have to keep that in mind!
    Litha said...
    If you're only doing radio on Sunday, I think that could translate into 5-day-trips (with the car, not the other kind) Look out (hopefully) sunny QLD beaches!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I know! But the thing is that I have free accommodation in Nimbin and not elsewhere, so that's why I'm thinking more day trips. We'll see what happens. I do have friends on the Gold Coast, so I may be able to stay with them. We'll see.
    Ingi said...
    Have fun Meags, it'll be awesome up there!
    Anonymous said...
    Say hi to my grandfather while you're there - he's buried under a mango tree in a little place called "Tuntable Falls" just out of Nimbin...I've never been there but hope to some day.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Hi kirrily! How did you find my blog? Nice to have you around!
    Anonymous said...
    It's nice to be around! Found you through heardaboutaustralia... ;)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates