Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanks For Thanksgiving

I had my very first Thanksgiving dinner last night. The American exchange students/lecturers put on a big dinner for all of us at Kingsley College. It was a really awesome night just hanging out and eating lots of crazy American food. Pumkin pie is just weird. So is corn bread. Did you know Americans don't eat pumkin as a vegetable? They only put it in pies and bread and things like that. How odd! Anyway, we had an awesome night!


This is Katie, Alyssa and Krista (from left to right). They are some of the American exchange students.








This is Diana and Katie. Also American exchange students.










This is Michelle, Melissa, Misty and I don't know the other girl's name. Oops. More American exchange students.








And here is the dessert table aftermath. So much food...

11 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    In the words of the hammerhead shark played by Eric Bana from Finding Nemo:

    "Probably American..."
    Litha said...
    Roast pumpkin and mashed pumpkin are awesome, the American's are totally missing out
    Ludicrousity said...
    I know! Roast pumkin is one of my favourites!
    Rob said...
    i'm not so keen on it.

    and you do realise there are 2 Ps in pumpkin, right megan? :P hehe
    Ludicrousity said...
    I realise it, but apparently my fingers don't when I'm typing.
    Anonymous said...
    umppkin
    wire said...
    i always wanted to try corn bread, it always sounds so good in books, and the way that big guy describes it in "the green mile" when asking for his last meal makes it sound like manna... mmmm, manna.
    Ludicrousity said...
    They're wrong. It's bad.
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    You must have had bad cornbread then. It should be nice and moist-- so yummy! Oh, and I love roast pumpkin... especially a pumpkin puree soup. Oh, now I'm hungry for Thanksgiving food again!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha! Well I must say I'm looking forward to next year's thanksgiving!
    Ludicrousity said...
    As far as I'm aware thanksgiving is a special time set aside to thank God for everything. A time just to reflect and be grateful for everything we have. It's amazing how focussing on things you have to be thankful for can change your outlook.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates