Tuesday, November 01, 2005

CONCERTS ROCK!!!

Ok, prepare for a photo onslaught!

The concert last night was just incredible! We (Ingi & I) went along to see 5 different acts at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. 3 of whom weren't too well known and 2 of whom took out most of this year's ARIA's. Ben Lee was just amazing! I liked him before, but now I love him! And what can I say about Missy? Fabulous as always! She is such a good live performer! Both artists were just so good at engaging the crowd and drawing you into their music, not just playing to you. I sang along to almost every song from Ben & Missy, but it was loud enough to do that without annoying other people, so that was awesome!

I'm still in a bit of a daze (the good kind) from it all. I had an amazing night. I hope that'll be me one day... *sigh* Anyway, here come the photos!

Us at the station excited about going to the concert!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Still excited on the train!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nice view while we waited in a 50 minute queue to get in
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One of the support acts taken through a pair of binoculars. Very artistic of me indeed!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our tickets!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Waiting in between support acts playing 500...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Still excited, but kinda tired...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Where we sat
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ben Lee!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ben with his awesome guitar!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Missy Higgins!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Missy at her piano
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then the battery on my digital camera died. I cried. Well, not really, but I was sad.

26 Comments:

  1. Mutt said...
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, could you actually see anything from way back there though? Or did you have to look on the moniter?

    50 minutes? + waiting and solitaire after that? There's a couple more things I could add to my list of disadvantages, but I'm afraid it'd be so awesomly persuasive no one would ever go to a live concert again and the economy would crash.

    You guys must find the atmosphere really, euphorically exciting to be having so much fun after waiting, paying and all that.

    Are we allowed to continue our discussion? By the way, best one so far Tink.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yes the waiting isn't the funnest thing in the world, but once that was over we got 4 hours of live music! It was just awesome! It was more than worth the wait! It's' the whole experience of hearing people perform their own music live. Thre is something else added when people perform music they have written, the own it more. When the artist is able to engage you, then it feels like you are particupating, not merely observing.
    Ludicrousity said...
    By the way, we could see, not heaps well, but we could definately see the stage, but the big screen was just great!
    Mutt said...
    Please read my blog.
    Dboy said...
    Lol, you've posted that everywhere, hey KK? LOL@"economy would crash"

    Looks great, Tink! What songs did Ben play? Btw, does Missy have one or two albums?
    Ludicrousity said...
    No new sunnies. I got the for Christmas last year. And I lost them/some girl stole them that day. I'm so shattered!!! They were expensive/good/comfy/awesome sunnies!

    Missy just has the one album. But she always has extra tracks on her singles, so she could make 2 out of them. And I know them ALL!!!

    Ben played heaps of stuff! He played a lot of his new music, and he played cigatettes will kill you. Great song! He played 2 other older songs I think. Mostly new stuff.
    Rob said...
    wait...when did you lose your sunglasses?
    Mutt said...
    how do you know some girl took them?
    Anonymous said...
    it was me i admit...
    Luke said...
    Heh heh, awesome photos, Tink! Looks great!!

    Oh, and I've said it before, but that's the coolest looking deck of cards ever. :P
    Dboy said...
    Yeah, I was gonna say that too... Nice cards.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I lost my sunnies on Monday. I took them off my head when I went to the toilet at Flinders St Station. I put them on top of the toilet roll dispenser, and as I did I thought "I'm so going to forget these". But stupid me put them down anyway. So I left them there. But I realised as soon as I'd gotten out of the toilet, and a girl had gone in after me, so I waited for her, adn as she came out, I went to grab my sunnies and they weren't there! So she'd obviously taken them! But she ran straight off (didn't wash her hands...) and I missed her! I'm so annoyed with myself, and with her!!! GRRR!!!!
    Dboy said...
    Oh yeah - I remember that day and that moment. We so have to do that again. I bought Prodigy's "Fat of the Land" that day, and a really cool Bloodthirster looking model from Mind Games. OOoh! And a pinkie model from Doom! And then we couldn't find my parents, but the grass and the music was soooo nice.

    Mmmm... good memories.
    Brie said...
    yeah, that was evil mean and not very nice!
    Litha said...
    She didn't by any chance hand them into lost property at flinders street did she? (trying to be optimistic)
    Ludicrousity said...
    I went to ask and didn't find anything. But I'll call and ask again.
    Mutt said...
    To be perfectly honest, if I found sunglasses in the toilet, I wouldn't have handed them in.

    I mean, if it was money sure, but sunglasses. You should have said something like 'Hey, can you chuck them over' or something.
    Brie said...
    yeah, and guilted her into doing it *sobs, could you pass over my great-grandmothers glasses? they're all i have left of her...*
    Ludicrousity said...
    I was goign to say somethign to her, but when I realised she had them she'd gone!
    Litha said...
    I couldn't not hand something like that in, I'd get guilty if someone gives me $1 too much change. That means their til won't balance and they get in trouble....
    Ludicrousity said...
    Erm, you could email me, but I am a bit scared that if I give you my email address here I'll get spam. Eh, I'll just risk it, but I"ll put spaces in it, so programs don't pick it up. Just take out the spaces.
    ludicrousity @ yahoo. com.au
    Dboy said...
    Hehehe! Now I'm gonna spam you! oh wait... I already had your emaikl address anyway... why have I been wasting all this time?!
    Ludicrousity said...
    If you spam me, I'll leave things in your letterbox again... this time they wont' be so pleasant...
    Dboy said...
    Hahaha... it's funny cos u did.
    Ludicrousity said...
    And I had to tell you it was there before you found it! Stupi non letterbox checking people!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha! that might be helpful!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates