Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Poem

Here is my poem, as tagged by alank


The Daring One
by Edwin Markham

I would my soul were like the bird
That dares the vastness undeterred.
Look, where the bluebird on the bough
Breaks into rapture even now!
He sings, tip-top, the tossing elm
As tho he would a world o’erwhelm.
Indifferent to the void he rides
Upon the wind’s eternal tides.

He tosses gladly on the gale,
For well he knows he can not fail—
Knows if the bough breaks, still his wings
Will bear him upward while he sings!

8 Comments:

  1. AK said...
    nice choice, also enjoy tasmania, you should put up picture of a devil here if you can
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    It must be poem week... I've seen 3 poems just tonight!
    wire said...
    in the words of blue lazer "FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!"

    i just yester day saw and bit of a show that was profiling different poems from the last couple of hundred years. they were talking about The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost and "How pleasant to know Mr Lear" by Edward Lear. Both most beautiful poems.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I love Robert Frost. I'm a huge fan of poetry. Wish I could write it myself. Let me rephrase. I wish I could write good poetry myself.
    TZ said...
    You can! You can!

    We're all not so good when we start, but get better as we go.

    How much do you want to be a great poet? Because this is exactly what will detemine your success ...

    Persist and you will be great!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I guess I don't want it that much! :)
    Dboy said...
    Poetry is my favouritest ever.

    Question: Is poetry that rhymes only for babies and nursery rhymes?

    Answer (that Danny wants to give to rattle cages): Yes!
    Dboy said...
    Not ALWAYS.

    Gah, you got me.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates