Friday, May 19, 2006

Aplogies

I must apologise to anyone without broadband. It must take forever for my blog to load at the moment. Sooooooo many photos...


I went to see Tripod today! For those of you who are super confused, Tripod are a Melbourne based comedy band made up of Yon, Gatesy & Scod (from left to right). They did a free instore performance at JB hi-fi in the city today. They launched a new DVD today called 'Pod August Nights'. Damn those boys are funny! I first saw them about 6 years ago, and they are as funny as ever! I was in the front row today, was great to see them in full swing! Coz it was just a DVD launch, they played for about 40 minutes, so not a full show or anything, but still fantastic! They did a few songs I hadn't heard before which was great, and some older songs I still love! To finish the show they did something I've never seen them do before. They did a cover of a song. Seriously. No jokes or anything. And they were BRILLIANT!!! These guys truly have incredible voices and they did the most amazing cover of "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead. 3 part harmones without instruments some of the time (even though they only have 1 guitar most of the time anyway). Scod played the guitar for a lot of it, but it sounded even more amazing when it was acapella. I could listen to them all day. Definitely get your hands on a copy of their cover of Paranoid Android!

So anyway, I went to the gig with Alex and we had a great day hanging out together, we even had Thai for lunch Mmmm... Yay for Alex! If you want to see a video clip of Tripod, you can go here. This isn't a typical song for them I don't think, but you video gamers will love this one!

8 Comments:

  1. Zebe said...
    I LOVE TRIPOD!!!!

    best song would have to be "aparently"

    and yay for broadband!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Apparently rocks!
    SOme of their music is seriously brilliant, if they didn't put comedy lyrics to them, they'd be chart toppers for sure. I adore the way they sound.
    Zebe said...
    *aparently, we have the technology, to make a man or woman, able to fly.
    all you have to do.
    it have your arm cut off and surgically replaced with wings...
    but that is too much of a sacrifice!*
    Dboy said...
    Wow - I love that song by Radiohead. One of my favs. I gotta hear it!

    Hahaha, and that has to be one of their best songs ever (the one on the link). It made me love them again after feeling as though they had petered out.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, I think they went a bit quiet for a while, but they seem to be back and happening. Yay!
    wire said...
    your link has an extra h in it ("hhttp") if you don't fix it i cannot watch the video :(
    wire said...
    a couple of mates and i sang two tripod songs at a school showcase night (oh those were the days - so much fun to be had), we did 'cuckold' and the one cray-z quoted (can't remember the name though.)
    Ludicrousity said...
    How exciting!!! Cuckold is one of my all time favourite Tripod song! I got them to play it on Thursday!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates