Friday, August 04, 2006

Tripod Made My Day!

Last night I headed off to see Melbourne comedy band Tripod. The members being Scod, Gatesy & Yon. They are just so fantastic! I went with Alison, Jenny, Emily & Rob. Brave man Rob with so many girls! We all loved it and left with sore cheeks and stomachs! Unfortunately they didn't play my favourite song, but I loved the show! They've started doing something new since they tried it and loved it last year. At the end of each show they play covers of songs they love. They do the best cover of 'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead I've ever heard, but last night they played 3 Queen songs as an encore, and Yon dressed up in the gear and everything! It was awesome! If you get a chance, they are playing at the Spanish Club in Fitzroy every Thursday in August in their show "Pod August Night'. I highly recommend them! Not only are they unbelievably funny, but they are such talented musicians! They sing in perfect 3 part harmony and I just adore listening to them! It's like they sing incredible music with ridiculous lyrics. Can you tell I love them? Oh yeah! I can't recommend them highly enough!



Here are the photos as promised! This one is Gatesy & I. One of my many celebrity crushes! I was so excited!













This is Scod & I. He was soooo nice!

















And who could forget Yon? He was so lovely as well
















This is the boys during their encore, so Yon is dressed in leather... I was so impressed with how nice all the boys were. I hope I can get to another one of their shows before the season is up.

8 Comments:

  1. Dboy said...
    Agreed, they are really good musicians. It's nice seeing a group of musicians using their power for humour rather than evil.
    wire said...
    can't it be evil humour? please?
    Ludicrousity said...
    I think it might be evil humour actually...
    Zebe said...
    I ♥ TRIPOD
    Billy said...
    What about good humour with an evil punchline....unless of course Wire, "There is no punchline". In which case, it could be argued that it is in fact NOT humour, but just evil.

    In addition, there are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, those who cant, the people that 'get' the Rev's Larson cartoon, and those who eat the little bits of cooked chicken on the edges when you defrost them too much in the microwavical device....
    Amen
    Ludicrousity said...
    I think I'm unsettled by that post for some reason.
    Anonymous said...
    Gatesy *faints*
    Anonymous said...
    Oh i love Gatesy so much he is so sexy and sweet and has an amazing voice and is god on guitar!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates