Tuesday, August 15, 2006

40 Hours Of Hunger


"The family’s crops had died because there wasn’t enough rain in their area. So they were surviving on food made from ground up tree bark. It’s called akar. It doesn’t taste very nice and it’s not very nourishing. It’s just something to fill an empty stomach. In fact, you use up more energy making akar than you get from eating it. Making akar is one of the many chores Jilvertino does every day. It’s hard work on an empty stomach."


I've decided to do the 40 hour famine this year, for the first time in almost 10 years. I'd love for everyone to sponsor me. We can make a difference to the people of East Timor. It starts this weekend, so there is not much time left. I have to be quick in raising money. Check out the website. If you want to sponsor me online you can here:

Or see me in person if you'd rather do it that way. Please support this wonderful cause! These people need our help!

SPONSOR ME!
My number is: 670903111



This is me looking totally hot as I went to bed last night wearing a nasal strip. I have a cold at the moment and I haven't been able to sleep the last 4 nights coz my nose is so blocked up and I can't breathe, so this helped open up my nasal passages. It's a good look huh?

3 Comments:

  1. don't call me MA'AM said...
    I will sponsor you. :-)

    And I think the nose strip look is really working for you. Wear it with pride, sister!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Oh yeah, I'm totally hot... unfortunately I only wear it when I sleep, so the world doesn't get to see my hotness.

    Thanks for sponsoring me!!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    That's lovely!

    The 40 hour famine is where people go without food for 40 hours, and other people sponsor them, then all th emoney goes to World Vision to help with their projects. This year the focus is on east timor. It's a great idea I think!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates