Tuesday, August 22, 2006

More of Nimbin


Thought I'd get back to posting photos of my trip with Sabine up north, because I haven't done that much of that. This is a photo of Dot (one of the people I stayed with) & myself having lunch just before we went to the tea farm.


This is a pic of the tea farm. It was really interesting seeing how they made the tea and finding out the real facts about tea, rather than believing a lot of the myths out there. I really enjoyed it, and of course I bought tea!!! In case you're not aware, I'm a HUGE tea fan! I have about 20 different teas at home! :)




Me & a hippy van!










This is a photo of the beach at Coolangatta on the Gold Coast. Isn't it stunning?









Sabine & I at an Irish put at Surfer's Paradise having drinks.








Now this was such an exciting place! This is the restaurant at the end of the universe! Yes, taken straight from hitchhikers! It was the coolest place ever!! I'm sure I talked all about it a post while I was away. This is the cocktail I had there. How fun is that?!! It had a flashing glass, a glowing neon cube and dry ice coming out of it. Soooo much fun!!!


This is Sabine at the restaurant at the end of the universe. This is just a glass of water. How cool!






This is us at the Byron Bay lighthouse. I'm sure you've noticed that all the photos of the two of us are close ups, because we had to take them all ourselves! So it's always me holding the camera out trying to get a good photo of us!




A not so great photo of Penny. A great friend of mine who lives on the Gold Coast who I lived in Tassie with. I hadn't seen her in about 18 months, so it was awesome to catch up with her again! We were making burritos for dinner!






Rob & Rikki at the Coolangatta airport as I was dropping them off to go back to Melbourne for a holiday. These are the guys I knew before I went up to Nimbin, they live there now, but used to go to my church here in Melbourne. They are the ones who told me about the radio gig in the first place.






Me & a scarecrow at the Sphynx Rock Cafe where I went a number of times. I loved it there. And look Victorians! Cheap bananas!!!













And finally, this is us on the beach at Byron Bay, looking all squinty. It was such a lovely day for the beach that day, we loved it!



And thus concludes another post of a thousand photos!

13 Comments:

  1. Martin Boutros said...
    Exactly how many photos did you take ? -- I love the hippyvan. you need one -- A genuine Tink-mobile
    Ludicrousity said...
    I'd love one, but I wouldn't want to have to park it!

    And I took about 450 photos, not all of them will make the blog you'll be glad to hear!
    Martin Boutros said...
    450 photos...??

    *faints*
    Rob said...
    a guy i know spent a year in antarctica and he took somewhere in the order of 8-10,000 photos while he was there.
    wire said...
    you could make a calendar - a new photo everyday - and still have a quarter left over.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I sure could. But I won't.
    Caity said...
    Sounds like you had a ball!
    Though I'm glad your back! ^^
    Zebe said...
    argh the photos!
    *is thankful doesnt have dial-up*
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, I'm sorry to all the dial up people!
    Rob said...
    He was the Senior Communications Technical Officer for the Australian Antarctic Division (at the Davis base). Basically he managed all the communications equipment, computers and other technical stuff. He's actually going back for another 14 months or so in a couple of months.

    www.aad.gov.au
    Ludicrousity said...
    Puffin, at the momentt, I love the premium blend of madura tea. It's awesome! but I also love t2's 'chinia jasmine green tea'. sooooo good! I'm a huge fan of strong tea!
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    I love your photos! And I am so impressed at your ability to take pictures of you and someone else at the same time. When I do that, I usually get a close up of nose hair. ;-)
    Ludicrousity said...
    I have a flippy screen that means I can see what I'm taking. I'm cheating really!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates