Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone. I don't always feel squashed, I think yesterday was a squashed feeling day. I think I'm just in limbo at the moment. I'm waiting to start bible college in a couple of weeks, and feeling a bit in between things. I guess I just have too much time on my hands at the moment, feeling a bit lost and yeah, just in between things.

But I really excited about going to bible college. I can't wait to get back into some study and learn heaps more. I'm really looking forward to being intellectually stimulated, and to being personally challenged. I got my enrollment stuff in the mail today which I'm really excited about! I get to do all that form filling in stuff now, and look into getting textbooks and all that 'school' stuff you have to do before commencing a course. I can't wait to go staionary shopping!

9 Comments:

  1. Ingi said...
    Stationary shopping rocks!

    Glad you are feeling better. I believe that it's a long journey for everyone to reach their potential. If before we go to sleep everynight we can think of even just one thing we have done to further that journey, show abit more of our true selves, then it's a day well spent and we can relax.
    Meags you are well on you way to your potential, I do think that we are harsher on ourselves that what in reality we should be. You have many big positive steps coming up in the near future to look forward to:) Not to forget all the steps you have already taken!
    Cheers,
    Ingrid:)
    Ludicrousity said...
    Thanks Ingi. I know that's true, it just doesn't always feel like that. Stupid emotions... what's up with them telling me things that aren't always true? I need to choose to listen to God more often, rather than listening to my unstable emotions.
    Ingi said...
    Emotions - the absolute best part of being human, and the absolute worst all in one!!!
    Make the most of the good, and ride out the bad, as they will always pass.
    (hopefully).
    Dboy said...
    Hmmm, I did a Bible study on emotions a little while back, and it's actually surprising the way the Bible talks about them.

    Ponder on these ones, if you've bought the whole "Human emotions are silly and bad" line:

    "The joy of the Lord shall be your strength..."

    "My peace I leave with you..."

    "Love the Lord with all your HEART, soul and mind..." (emphasis added).

    Seems as though emotions are one of the biggest parts of our faith, and one of the most common promises that God gives us! I was surprised when I ran that past the ol' Word-test, and came up with emotions being great! We just gotta seek the right ones form the right source :)
    jenny said...
    i love filling in forms!
    Ludicrousity said...
    And that's the difference i think. Learning to discern which emotions are an accurate reflection of what's real, and which emotions are a by-product of my unrealistic perceptions of life.
    Dboy said...
    Yeah, that's true.

    Interesting a lot of the stuff David says in the Psalms, hey? About God turning his favour away and ignoring David's cries.
    David's perception or spiritual reality?
    Dboy said...
    I'm not sure what you're talking about!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Me neither.
    *insert blank perplexed look*

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates