Monday, July 17, 2006

There Was A Pub Brawl Mum!

Things have been good since we got back to Nimbin. My show on Sunday morning went really well! So much better than last week. I was really happy with the way it went. I even had a couple of people ring up the station and tell me how much they liked my show! That was really encouraging. I didn't expect anyone to do that! And sorry Mum, I forgot to tape it again. It's the last thing I'm thinking about at 6am on a Sunday! I'll try to remember next week!

After my show I headed off to the local church where I played the piano for them, because they don't actually have a piano player, so they have pre-recorded music they sing to each week. I hit a few bad notes (seeing as I didn't really get to practice), but they seemed to appreciate it anyway. Then after church we went to the Nimbin markets. They were much smaller than I expected, and I didn't buy anything! Impressed?! You should be! After that, Sabine & I went over to the Sphinx Rock Cafe to see some music, but the lady had car trouble and didn't get there, so no music. :(

Today we slept in and lazed around, then headed off to the Candle Factory again, coz Sabine wanted to see it. Yes, I did buy more candles... Then we went and wandered around Nimbin. Then sat in the pub for a while. A guy introduced himself to us, so we went over to hang out with him and his friends, thought we'd get to know some people. We'd only been there for a minute or two before they got into a pub brawl and were thrown out. So that was interesting. There were glasses broken, tables pushed over and punches everywhere. Don't fret Mum, we're fine. They kept apologising to us because we were ladies. Interesting... We had an interesting introduction to Nimbin local life. The guy who we'd met had just finished telling us all about how they all look out for one another and that we'd be safe with them. HAHA!!!

On Friday we're going to head over to Byron Bay, no idea what we'll do tomorrow yet. I've been doing a bit of reading. I read 'The Da Vinci Code' last week. What a brilliant book! I couldn't put it down! I'm now reading 'Sophie's World', but I'm not that imrpessed with it. Not sure I'll keep reading it.

I'm still loving my holiday. I'm glad Sabine is here, it's nice to have some more company. There was such beautiful weather today! But it's going to be showery for the next few days unfortunately. Bye for now!

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's OK, dear. Remember what I taught you about kick-boxing. I'm sure you can handle yourself in a pub-brawl. Make sure you have a firm grip of your bottle before you crack it over anyone's head - and don't break full bottles - that's just plain wasteful. Your father joins me in saying how proud we are of you, and how we know you will do us proud in any jousting, wrestling or boxing in which you are participating. And remember: Ladies always say 'please' before knocking out an assailant, and 'thankyou' after they are dragged out by the firt-aid crew.
    Rob said...
    Will the real "mum" please step forward? :P hehe
    Ludicrousity said...
    Is that you Revvy? I think it must be!

    THe brawl was hilarious because some of the guys kept apologising to us beacuse we were ladies! Haha! If you're that sorry, don't do it!
    wire said...
    *punch!*

    "sorry ladies"

    *kick!*

    "really we're very sorry"

    *bite!*

    "you know, normally we'd put up much more of a fight"

    *nails!*

    "please stop hitting us"
    wire said...
    Did you see what i did there? I inferred that it was indeed you who was the assailant! Hohoho, aren't i indeed the scallywag?
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    I love pub brawls!! As long as I'm far away enough from the action so as not to be injured, of course!

    Am also wondering how much postage might be if someone from the states were to purchase a CD from someone in OZ. Do you know anyone who might know the answer to that question?
    Soldier of Truth said...
    hanging around with me all those years has finally paid off. pity i wasn't there to see you take on the nimbinites.
    Luke said...
    Ha ha, sexist pub brawlers. I bet if I was there they wouldn't apologise.

    *weeps in a corner*
    Ludicrousity said...
    Ok, just beacuse wire says I was in a pub brawl doesn't mean I was! Wire, why does everyone take what you say about me and run with it? You have some kind of strange power...

    Don't know DCMM, I'll look into it, shouldn't be too mcuh I wouldn't think.
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    Please do... and then let me know. :-)
    Anonymous said...
    Here are some links that I believe will be interested
    Anonymous said...
    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates