Friday, July 07, 2006

I'm Here!

Hey guys! I've ducked into the local information centre where they have the internet. $1.50 for 15 minutes isn't too bad. I arrived here last night (Thursday) after staying in Dubbo along the way at a motel. Not a bad place either I might add. All I did was sleep and watch some tv though, so not much to say. And the guy who ran the motel kept calling me Ma'am! DON'T CALL ME MA'AM!!! I am only 24! I was about ready to kill him! Now I know how you feel DCMM! Seriously, it was so annoying! After every sentence he'd put the word ma'am on the end. Argh! And why is it that country folk feel the need to give me really annoying nicknames like love, darling and sweetheart? It's kinda creepy...

Despite all that I'm having a great time. Dot & Ian (the people i'm staying with) are really lovely. I have a great nice comfy warm double bed to sleep in on a 40 acre farm. And they make the best tea! Mmmmm... tea... It's so beautiful out here, and the weather is great! It's nice and sunny today, probably in the low 20's, the sun is delightful.

It took an hour and a half after getting to Nimbin before someone offered me drugs. That's impressive! I guess I was with Rob, Rikki, Ian & Dot so they didn't offer it to us all coz they know the other guys don't take drugs. BUt when it was just Rikki & I wandering around the shops I got offered drugs. What a crack up! No pun intended...

No Mum. I didn't buy drugs. :)

I checked out the radio station this morning and everyone there seems quite nice. It's run out of an old school building. I start my show this Sunday morning. I'm lookign forward to it! I've taken lots of photos of my trip and the town, but I can't load them on here, you might have to wait til I get back to Melbourne to see photos. I'll see how I go.

So I'm 1700km north of Melbourne and having a great time so far. Rob & Rikki took me around today and showed me where everything is. It's a beautiful place, I'll go into the social side of stuff more later.

Love to you all, looks like I'll get to blog every couple of days after all!

13 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    If you manage to get to Tuntable Falls, you'll have to ask to see the Mango tree under which Dudley Turner is buried (I believe there's a memorial stone there as well)...that's my grandfather! Weather sounds beautiful - hope all goes well with the show!
    Litha said...
    I'm glad you arrived safely after all that driving Megan!
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    So glad everything went well so far... have a great time!

    And the "MA'AM" thing is horrible, isn't it!?! ;-)

    Take Care!
    [soph] said...
    Good to hear an update on your trip luvvy. Have a good time sweetie, and enjoy your hot cups of tea dearie.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey that last post was was from me - Glen. For some reason my daughter Sophie's blogger ID was sent instead.
    Dboy said...
    Sounds awesome! And well done on the drugs front - maybe they thought that you already looked stoned (groggy from the travelling) and didn't need any more.

    Mmmm, farms and teas and lovely warm beds...
    iggi said...
    yes ma'am
    wire said...
    why does everyone write "Rob & Rikki"? Never "Rikki & Rob", maybe Rikki would like to be first for a change. i know i would.

    so what are you going to do on the radio program and more importantly, will you be podcasting it?
    Mutt said...
    What's wrong with ma'am. I always call strange women ma'am... or sir.
    Mutt said...
    And by strange I meant ones I don't know by name
    Rob said...
    you call strange women "sir"? :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    You guys suck. NOT MA'AM!!!

    But thanks for all the well wishing! :)
    Anonymous said...
    U suck- didn't miss you at my birthday at all :p

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates