Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bye Bye Birdie (Nimbin)

Well I head back home tomorrow morning. It's almost over! It'll take 2 full days to get back, so I should arrive home on Tuesday evening.

I've been having a great time since I posted last. I did my last radio show today. I think it went pretty well, I got good feedback anyway. And Mum, I taped it for you. I got a phone call of great thanks from the station manager at the end of my show, so that was nice. After my show Sabine & I headed off to the Bangalow markets (up near Byron), and they were awesome! We got some really great stuff! I love markets! Then we came back to have dinner with Ian & Dot and thank them for all their wonderful hospitality. They are such amazing people and have made us feel so welcome in their home. We gave them a new teapot and some wine as a thank you gift. They are big tea drinkers and had an old teapot, so we got them a nice new one with an inbuilt infuser. It's great!

Back to what I've been up to, on Friday we headed back into Byron Bay which was ok, but it rained for a lot of the day, so we didn't go to the beach. Although we did go for a lovely walk on a beach (Tallow beach) a bit further down the coast on the way up which was nice. We hung out in Byron for the day and night, did lots of shopping, ate more icecream, and saw a great reggae band at a fun pub we found. Lots of fun!

On Saturday we lazed around a bit and went to an art gallery and a cafe. It was lovely with great views of the mountains. Then we spent the evening in Nimbin, but there weren't many people around because of Splendour (Splendour in the Grass is a yearly music festival in Byron Bay for those of you who have no idea what Spelndour is) and apparently there was a party on in Nimbin too, but we still had a nice time.

So tomorrow we leave and resume normal life in Melbourne. If anything I do can ever be called normal! :) Until I return, tschuess!

5 Comments:

  1. Dboy said...
    Haha, sounds awesome.

    Looking forward to having you back, O Abnormal One :)
    Zebe said...
    naww. shes not THAT abnormal..
    yay you had fun ^.^
    Dboy said...
    Not abnormal?! I'm sorry you had to hear that, Megan...

    *shoves Cray-z out of the room and closes the door*

    It's ok. She was just kidding! Huh! *nervous smile* You are definately nothing as boring as normal <:)
    Ludicrousity said...
    Awww! Thanks. I think... It's nice to be back anyway!
    Anonymous said...
    Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates