Thursday, July 20, 2006

Still Hanging Around

Not long to go now. We head back to Melbourne on Monday. I can't believe I've been away for 2 and a half weeks already. It feels so much shorter! When did I write last? Monday? Ok, on Tuesday we were planning on having a lazy day coz the forecast was for rain, but it was a stunning day (stupid weather man*), so we headed down to Byron Bay. It was absolutely beautiful! We walked through some shops, then had lunch on the beach. We spent ages just hanging around in the sun and wading in the water before heading back through the shops and up to the lighthouse. The view was really lovely and we even got some glimpses of whales in the area splashing about! Once again, I took a thousand photos! So prepare for the onslaught when I get home. After that we wandered back into town and had dinner on the beach, then icecream as we wandered around to see if there was any live music happening. There wasn't, so we headed home. We're going back to Byron Bay tomorrow, so that's exciting! It's such a wonderful place!

Yesterday we just hung around at home, I read my book, watched bad daytime tv and made jewelry. I have given up on 'Sophie's World' and have picked up 'Emma' by Jane Austin. I'm loving it! Such a great book! We made some hemp jewelry too. I taught Sabine how to do macrame. I made 2 necklaces, and she made a bracelet and a necklace. Great girly fun!

This afternoon we're going to head back into Nimbin, should be a good afternoon, that is if the rain goes away. There has been light showers on and off this morning. 'Til later...


*the weather man here on channel 10 is Tim Bailey and MAN is he annoying!!!

10 Comments:

  1. Glen O'Brien said...
    Hemp jewelry? Is that the kind you smoke?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Very much no! You'd be quite sick if you tried I'm sure!

    I went to the hemp bar today, and the only hemp I was engaged with was the stuff I was wearing around my neck!
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    My daughter loves making hemp jewelry.

    Are you anxious to get back home?
    Zebe said...
    byron bay = SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS!
    i so wish i was there :(

    glad you're having fun!
    Ludicrousity said...
    It was raining for most of splendour. I don't think it would've been that great thsi year.

    I can show you pics of the jewelry when I get home.

    I'm not anxious to get back home, but I'm ready to leave.
    jenny said...
    welcome to NSW - tim bailey - mr fake tan himself!
    Mutt said...
    Your ticket was most enjoyable! Thanks!
    Anonymous said...
    Here are some links that I believe will be interested
    Anonymous said...
    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »
    Anonymous said...
    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates