Friday, June 10, 2005

Well as you can tell by the latest title I love Evermore. Ok, so perhaps you can't, but I do. Love Evermore that is. I went with Matty (who is visiting down here yay!) to see Evermore last night at the Hi Fi in Melbourne. I managed to win a bidding war on the nova (radio station) website and got a double pass to see Evermore last night.

Here is the exciting bit, I was in the very front row!!!!

The first support act were 'the panda band'. They were ok. The second support act were 'the vasco era'. They were absolutely fantastic!!!! I fully recommend going to see them live if you can. The guitarist is incredible! The third support act (yes there were a lot of support acts) were 'the red sun band'. They were ok, but kinda boring. Then Evermore finally got on stage and they were so amazing! They were spot on live! Some bands are only good because they are recorded and manipulated, but these guys were great!

They played for about an hour and a quarter, not long enough in my opinion, but I loved what they did. They did most of their current album 'dreams' (which I have), and 3 older songs I hadn't heard before. I loved it! I'd love to get a hold of their old EP, it was fantastic! I really like the music they write, I think it's really interesting. My fav song by them is called 'know it's true', which they played. I was very excited about that! It was a great crowd atmostphere. You could tell who really liked them and who just knew their singles. It was hilarious. I sang along to everything (except the 3 songs I didn't know)! Anyone who knows me won't be surprised that I sang to everything. I don't think I'd talk if it was socially acceptable. I'd sing everything!

Anyway, Dann was on drums (he's 16 and an incredible dummer and back up singer!), Peter is on keys (he's 18 and on vocals occasionally) and Jon is on guitar and vocals (He's 20 and just so talented. And very very hot!). They're brothers and people keep comparing them to Hanson, even though the only similarity is that they are brothers. Soooo different otherwise! You guys missed a great night. I am still on a high from the night. I just get the biggest high from live music! *sigh* I love it. I want to go to more concerts. I'm not sure what else to tell you. It was just an incredible night. They are very talented boys!

In summary: I LOVE EVERMORE!!!!

15 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    What is so different between Hanson and Evermore??
    Ludicrousity said...
    Hello Kathryn.

    They are so different! There are three of them and they are brothers, that's about the only thing the same. Listen to any of their music and you can see how different they are. Very different styles of music!
    Anonymous said...
    I dunno, I gotta side with Anonymous here, they're basically the same band. :P
    Anonymous said...
    Hmm, the youngest plays drums, the middle one the keys and the oldest does guitar.... Gee that's so radically different to Hanson. But I'm sure there are differences, it sounds like their shows don't go for nearly as long as Hanson shows do, and they aren't as versitile with their instuments. Do they write their own music?
    Anonymous said...
    Hmm, the youngest plays drums, the middle one the keys and the oldest does guitar.... Gee that's so radically different to Hanson. But I'm sure there are differences, it sounds like their shows don't go for nearly as long as Hanson shows do, and they aren't as versitile with their instuments. Do they write their own music?
    Anonymous said...
    I'm not saying that they are the same I haven't seen them live. But personally after seeing Hanson live and you saying that they only played for an hour, I'm sure I would have been disappointed. They are younger so I'll give them that but it sounds like their song repertoire isn't as big as Hanson's or the audience wasn't into it enough to keep them on longer.
    Anonymous said...
    Yeah that was me posting twice. It was an accident, sorry!

    Love Lisa
    Anonymous said...
    I posted after her and the very first comment. But I don't have a name in blogger land.
    Kathryn
    Ludicrousity said...
    Ok, Evermore and Hanson still play totally different styles of music, therefore they are totally different in my book. They may have some similar stats, but they are totally different! Why on earth are you trying to convince people they are similar? I love Evermore and I don't really like Hanson.

    And them being the same live has nothing to do with it, listen to recordings, soooooooo different!
    Anonymous said...
    Like I said I'm not trying to say they are the same. I just don't think you are the best judge as to what Hanson is.
    Kathryn
    Anonymous said...
    I am so fucking jeolouse! I love Evermore they are so fucking great and I so fucking wanted to fucking be there that I'm saying fucking so many fucking times it's fucking unexceptable! Evermore and Hanson do very different styles of music. They both have a rock element but that's really it. Evermore's current alborm is their first. They really don't have that much to play at this stage. I don't go to nearly enough consets because a) I'm broke and b) to many of them are fucking over 18 only! It really doesn't pay to be underaged and unemployed.
    Ps. I love Evermore!
    Zebe said...
    OMG IM JELOUS TOO!!!! I LOVE THE PANDA BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they wer all in tralgon last wednesday but over 18's only and the stoopid saloon wouldn't let me in even tho i offered to pay double....

    and DONT SAY THEY'R THE SAME AS HANSON CAUZ THEY'R NOT
    Anonymous said...
    I'm not saying anyone is the same as Hanson. I just don't appreciate the fact that Megan said that the similarities between Hanson and Evermore stop with the fact that they are brothers, and then going on to state about Evermore that "They are very talented boys!" The passion and talent that flows from every note that Hanson plays, I doubt that others would be able to come close to matching this energy.
    Kathryn
    Unknown said...
    POST SOMETHING NEW, dagnabit!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend Hanson in an evermore thread. No one is talking about Hanson except you dude.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates