Thursday, May 10, 2007

Poo To The Rescue!

Got this from Howie's blog a while ago:



A Chinese woman survived a fall from a sixth-floor balcony after she landed on a large pile of excrement dug up by workers clearing a septic tank, state media said.

The unnamed woman was stretching to hang washing when she lost her balance and fell from the balcony at her home in the southern city of Nanjing yesterday, the semi-official China News Service quoted a local newspaper as saying.

The woman suffered only minor injuries after the 20cm heap cushioned her fall, the agency said.

Workers had been dredging the tank after complaints by local residents, it said.





On another note we play volleyball again tonight. Did I mention we won our grand final a few weeks ago? Can't remember if I did. Anyway, beacuse we've won the grand final the last 2 seasons we've gone up a grade. Lots of fun! But we lost our first game in the new grade last week. However, we did win a set, so that's encouraging. It's nice to be challenged. We haven't been getting much better because we're not being forced to play better. Now we are and it's great! It's a bit faster and pushes us to play better. Wish me luck for tonight!

9 Comments:

  1. Litha said...
    So what you're saying is that you've lost every game since Kathryn left the team?
    wire said...
    Whoo! Go team! AND GO POO! WHOOOOOO!
    Luke said...
    That was the worst segway I've ever read. :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    I never claimed to have a segway! I said 'on another note'.

    Damn Lisa, that's true... We NEED her!!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Oh, and we lost again tonight... but we did play well!
    Luke said...
    If this entry was a film, I'd compare it to Spiderman 3. Two entirely different stories awkwardly crammed into one, and the results aren't pretty. :P

    ZING! *draws up an invisible point for himself*
    Ludicrousity said...
    I might not bother seeing SM3 now. I might just wait for the DVD, I've heard nothing but bad reviews. How disappointing.
    Luke said...
    I know! How'd it go wrong? It was set up to be pure genius...
    Troy Wheatley said...
    Hi Megan, I forgot about this page. Much less confusing than the Myspace page. Anyway, on the subject of Spider-Man 3, I aaw it today, and if you liked the first two I can't see any reason why you wouldn't like this one. Same Spidey-swinging action, same nerdish charm, same cringe-worthy references to American patriotism. OK, it is a bit like they didn't have one great story so they crammed together three other ones, but I didn't find that to be a fatal flaw.

    Oh, and good luck with your team.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates