Monday, May 14, 2007

Australian Idol. Why?!

So I had a moment of insanity this morning. I was at work and I realised that today was the last day of the Melbourne Australian Idol auditions. So what did I do? I headed off there after work, by myself, to wait for 6 hours...

I finally got my audition just before 5:30pm and I was happy with the way I sang. Probably could have chosen a wiser musical choice, but it was all ok. I got past the first round of judges and in to see the producers. The guy said I had a good voice, he thought I had talent, but he didn't think I had enough power or my own style enough. Honestly, I think that was largely due to my complete lack of preparation given I only decided that morning to go.I didn't chose the best song. But he had a point.

Without sounding arrogant, I think I have a good voice, but not a great voice. So I was happy with the day all in all. Apart from my unbelievable boredom... I was happy with the way I sang, so that's all I can ask for. However, I don't think I'll be auditioning again...

6 Comments:

  1. wire said...
    What did you sing? Was it "Unchain my heart" the theme song of the GST?
    Ludicrousity said...
    I sang 'slide' by the goo goo dolls and '10 days' by missy higgins. I shoudl have picked something a bit higher so I could sing with a bit more gusto!
    wire said...
    like 'Unchain My Heart'?
    Ross said...
    I guess it's one of those things where you never know if you don't try. It reminds of the time a few years ago a work acquaintance of mine auditioned for Popstars, series 2. Had he been successful, he would have been in Scandal'us. Unlike you, he had no musical ability to speak of. He must have auditioned for a dare.
    Glen O'Brien said...
    A lot of very talented people don't get through and you are clearly one of them. And yet those hoplessly bad people that we all laugh at do get through just so we can use them for our own entertainment and laugh at them at their expense. The producers know this and take advantage of their naivety. It's all a bit sad really.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I know. It's not the most respectful process!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates