Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jeff Buckley

I've just finished listening to a special on Triple J (the radio station) on Jeff Buckley. May 29th marks the 10 year anniversary since he died. He was 30 years old. It was an amazing hour of music and interviews. He really was a very talented man. I'm shocked that he's so well remember and so influential and he only made one album, entitled 'Grace'! He was in the process of recording his second album when he died. After his death a double cd was released of soem of his best unreleased tracks. There are lots of live recordings of his around too. I was very impressed listening to all the live tracks (which is mostly what Triple J played). I'd forgotten how much I like his music. Check him out if you're interested. He does an amazing version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". R.I.P Jeff Buckley.

6 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    What are some of his songs? He barely rings a bell...
    wire said...
    i heard some of the same special - specifically the cover of 'Hallelujah'. It really was very impressive.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Look him up on itunes Guru.
    Anonymous said...
    You mentioned leonard cohen - 10 extra points for tink!
    Steve Chatelier said...
    I like the Buckley version of 'Hallelujah', but have you heard the Cohen version...on vinyl?!
    Ludicrousity said...
    NOt sure I've heard it on vinyl! But I have heard it. Great song, great version!

    10 points! Whoo!!! I haven't got any points for a while!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates