Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Report!

Before I start, Glenn got himself a blog!

As promised, here it is! I have so much to say, I'll have to do it in little spurts I think. There is so much to say and so much action to take! It's all so exciting! I am totally passionate about the issues associated with caring for all our fellow humans. Let's stand together and not just think it's a nice idea, but live for change in our world!

More about action in days to come, I'll give you some easy practical steps we can all take to affect change in our world. For now, let me bang on about the concert on Friday night for a while. The most amazing concert I've ever been to! Such incredible acts! Such a great cause! It was amazing to see so many people united for a sole cause! Make Poverty History! We can do it! As Tim Costello said, we are the first generation that can make poverty history! We just need the will!

Here come the photos! You'll get them in alphabetical order of file name! This is Brent & I about 3/4 of the way through the night.


The overwhelmingly excited crowd! Well a small portion of them anyway. We got glow sticks that said "Make Poverty History" on them.


A long shot of the incredible Eskimo Joe! I'm in love with their music anew!


A photo of Evermore (well 2/3 of them anyway) on the big screen with the giant banner. Surprisingly they got the biggest response from the audience on the night! I generally like them, but they were the worst act.




There were about 4 giant beach balls with 'MAKE POVERTY HISTORY' on them being knocked around. Very fun!


The John Butler Trio! My favourite act of the night! They were incredible! I have also fallen in love with their music anew.


Jet closed the show and they were great. I'm loving their new music! However, the lead singer was chewing gum the whole time! Who does that?!


Kathryn & I at the Make Poverty History festival on the Saturday. Notice my lovely sunburn from the previous day...


This is Kathryn (also at the festival on Saturday) carying a bucket on her head to get water, in a kind of simuation for what people in third world countries have to do.


Lior singing a beautiful Hebrew prayer called 'Avinu Nalkeinu'


The boys I went to the concert with (Minus Rob). From left to right: Mark, Jad, Brent & Glenn


Paul Kelly. Brilliant!


A seriously over-exposed photo of Rob.


The wonderful Sarah Blasko. I adore her music. But she does look quite weird on stage. I think it's the way she moves.


And UJam!!! Who are they you ask? Well it's Pearl Jam, & Bono & The Edge from U2! Unbelievable! As a special surprise thing they opened the show with a kick arse song called 'Rockin in the free world'. All about making poverty history. It was soooooooo good! Bono is seriously a hero of mine!


Well there is my concert report. Much more still to come!

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I am soooooo jealous that u got 2 go. My Amnesty group was planning a bus trip, but I couldn't go 4 exams. I've seen some of those bands before - Eskimo Joe, John Butler Trio, & I saw U2 last Thursday, which was awesome.
    Ah well, catch up wiv ya later...
    Mutt said...
    Sarah Blasko looks like Judge Judy
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha KK!

    Bec, did you go to the SA U2 concert?! I would have killed to go see U2! Best band EVER!!!
    Rob said...
    yeah, the john butler trio were my favourite act too. :-)

    i didn't realise until i watched the video i downloaded when i got home that for most of the songs they did he was playing a 12-string guitar. very impressive!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I noticed that! I was so impressed. I didn't realise what an incredible guitarist John Butler is!
    Rob said...
    where is everyone?
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    Yay! Great photos! Thanks... what a great concert opportunity for you! WoW!
    glenn william jessop said...
    Hey Meags...thanks for the shout-out. The concert was awesome...I loved the Joe's and JBT.

    (BTW, Sarah Blasko looked like Judy and acted a bit like it, too i reckon!)
    Anonymous said...
    as i stood among the mob of worshippers, i couldn't help wondering how many could've been fed instead
    Anonymous said...
    any girls go with you?

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates