Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Carols By Candlelight

For those of you that don't know, every year in Melbourne there is a big 'Carols by Candlelight' service at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. That's a huge outdoor music venue in the city. There are lots of solo performers each year and a big choir (about 150 people) that sing with them, and also sing carols on their own. This year I'm in the choir!

There are over 10,000 people there every year, and many, many more watching on tv. We had our first choir rehersal on Saturday morning. It sounded so impressive! It's a lot of fun. I was slightly skeptical going into it, but it really is great! And I get to do it with Kathryn, Lisa & Jacqui, so that's even more fun! I tell you what, the prissy choir women are so funny! It's like the higher the note you can sing, the better a person you are. What a crack up! Some people take it a bit too seriously. Not to say it's a joke, but I think they need to chill out a bit. Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. Watch for me on tv!

17 Comments:

  1. jenny said...
    look at you all famous! how fun!
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    Ummm...excuse me, but I can sing quite high. And I KNOW I'm better than most people for that fact alone. haha

    What a wonderful opportunity! I wonder if there's any broadcast of it over here... I'd really like to see this!
    Zebe said...
    memo to self: look for tink!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Hey DCMM!! You have a new pic! I'm want the purple block one!!!

    Bring on the fame!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm sure you will stand out from the many others on stage. I don't know you, but judging by your blog photos you must be the prettiest thing in Melbourne. And you sure talk like you are too. Good luck.

    Regards
    Errol (New York Christian fellowship)
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha! Thanks Errol!
    Anonymous said...
    I love the work you do on this blog to provide information and facilitate communication in an attempt to help our struggling world and society. I came across your blog only weeks ago and check it regularly. Well done. Your friends seems wonderfully blessed by your words and akin to take action and feel a great sense of attachment to you. Take care of their timid souls.

    Regards
    Errol (New York Christian fellowship)
    wire said...
    nice photo - did you take it as you parachuted into rehersal? :)

    I'll be sure to look out for you on ye olde television. Try waving a "Hi Wire!" placard.
    Litha said...
    If we could only get Jacqui to convert to alto, then we'd have enough people in a row to paint a letter each on our faces: "W" "I" "R" "E"

    Also, Errol, you're right on the mark, our Megan is a right spunk
    Anonymous said...
    Ludicrousity said...
    Do you have issues with spammers Rob? :P

    Thanks Errol! That's so encouraging. I often wonder if anyone cares about what I write. I don't want it all to be a nice idea, but rather something that motivates people to affect change in the world.

    Wire, I'll see what I can get away with in makeup! Maybe you'll have to settle for glitter letters, will be easier to get away with I think.
    Rob said...
    how ever did you guess? :P
    wire said...
    wow - the spammer lived up to his/her word and actually came back "tomorrow"!
    Ludicrousity said...
    HIlarious!

    I wonder if anyone actually buys any of that crap?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Stupid is the right word...
    Rob said...
    oops...i meant 'buy' instead of 'but'. and get rid of the 'the' before 'their'.
    Ross said...
    One good thing about Carols by Candlelight is that the performers can all sing, which is more than can be said for Sydney's Carols in the Domain. I look forward to hearing the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates