Monday, October 23, 2006

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Whoa Boytown!


I went and saw Boytown with a few people on Friday night. Great movie! It's really great Aussie comedy. I expected it to be ok and kinda funny, but it was really good! Funnier than I thought it would be. It certainly won't go down as one of the best movies of all time, but it's well worth a watch. Seeing Glenn Robbins in leather pants is slightly (ok, very) disturbing, but highly amusing at the same time! I love Bob Franklin! He cracks me up! I don't usually like Mick Malloy (he wrote and starred in it), but he is quite good in this. I despise his radio show, he's so disgusting sometimes (or often!)



It has the funniest dodgy boy band music ever! See the boys used to be in a boy band in the 80's. They were the original boyband, now they want to get the band back together, and it doesn't work at all. So they start writing music for women their own age. Very funny! Some of the song titles are: I cry, special time (of the month), picking the kids up from school, and love handles. Check it out! It's very funny!

11 Comments:

  1. Litha said...
    I can't get 'dishpan hands' out of my head!

    Have you seen the podcast interview with Tony Martin and the cast? It's part of the Get This podcast
    mudbrick said...
    the other day i watched 'The Nugget' starring Eric Bana and some other Aussie comedians, it was great. i watched it with a bunch of yanks and they couldn't understand teh accent sometimes, but they thought it was great. I'm in the States at the mo, so it was awesome to see some Aussie flicks over here.
    jenny said...
    i agree for the funnyness. i reckon most of the funnyness was the songs and lyrics. dear oh dear.

    can i ask what happened with hamish and andy jingle thing?
    Ludicrousity said...
    The producer kept saying she'd call me and put me on the show, then not doing it and saying I'll be on the next day, and not doing it again. I'm so unimpressed.

    Haven't seen that one mudbrick. I'll have to check it out!

    Litha, I have heard it. HIlarious!
    jenny said...
    bummer!!
    Luke said...
    Now I just have to see this movie. If my sister likes it...

    Well, hang on. She's liked and recommended a bunch of movies I've hated...

    Ah well, now I'm just too curious.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Thanks for the glowing recommendation Guru...
    Dboy said...
    Yeah, this one'll be a dvd watch I think, but a fine one at that :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    Well I'm glad I saw it at the cinema. Well worth it I think. Plus I want to support the Aussie movies.
    Glen O'Brien said...
    I've seen the video clip for "I Cry." It's hilarious. Ellen saw the movie and said it was great.
    Ziomal said...
    Very nice! I like it. chiropractors treat

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates