Tuesday, October 17, 2006

ANOTHER Update...

So it seems that fox keeps telling me one thing and doing another. Let's hope it's for real (just for you Wire) this time! Or for fake, which ever one works. Ok, so no one except Wire will get that. But that's ok. Anyway, it seems that I am going to precord the segment at 2pm tomorrow and I'll be on the Hamish & Andy show tomorrow. Let's hope that's true this time...

I've had a great 24 hours! First of all my friend Brandon from Canada (who I lived near in Tassie) was flying home to Canada and had an overnight layover in Melb, so he stayed at my place last night. He also bought another friend of his from Canada (who is currently living in the Barossa Valley SA) with him, Dave. By the way, I just LOVE the Canadian accent!!! So I picked the boys up from the airport and we headed out to dinner. Dave got a ridiculously big bowl of risotto that he a third of the way through, I did about the same with a giant bowl of pasta. Sofia's serves up giant meals! I'd forgotten how big they were! After that we headed home, watched some tv, then off to bed.

In the morning we got up super early (for me anyway) and drove to the airport. We dropped Brandon off, had some interesting luggage fun, got a parking fine, then Dave & I headed into the city for the day. It was fun showing someone around, I got to see some stuff I don't usually bother with. We had some late breakfast at a nice cafe, then went to the art gallery at Federation Square. I love art galleries. I don't go enough! Then we wandered through the main shopping strech of the city, got some sushi and went to the botanical gardens for a picnic lunch. What a perfect day! It was such great weather too! Then we headed back to my place for a while, played a bit of pool, then I took Dave to the airport.

I've had such a nice day. I was slightly trepidacious about hanging out with someone I'd never met before, but he was great and I had a great time. I'm pretty sure he did too. Yay!

7 Comments:

  1. Ross said...
    It's interesting that an entree at Sofia's is the same size as a main meal pretty much anywhere else.
    Anonymous said...
    Megan!! i was so disappointed, i had to hide out in the darkroom (the only place the radio is on) at work, and there just arent THAT many excuses to stay there, to listen to you, that turned out not to be you. oh well. maybe its a good thing... how do you beat a mum and daughter team of human bagpipes anyway? hope last night went well :-)
    Ludicrousity said...
    So true Ross!

    Well here's hoping I'm on today! And that the other person I'm up against sucks! :)
    Dboy said...
    Luggage fun! Is that like the game 'ear fun' that my brother played with me? It's this game where you grb someone's ear, twist it till it hurts and shout "Ear fun!!!"

    That was a great game... *sigh*
    Ludicrousity said...
    It was kinda like that, but with a luggage wrapping guy being very unimpressed and grumpy, and us laughing a lot.
    Anonymous said...
    a date with a stranger? well done indeed
    Ludicrousity said...
    Haha! Not entirely sure it was a date, but sure, we can say that. it sounds much more impressive!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates