Monday, September 25, 2006

Good Times

I've had a good few days, but a very tiring few days. I did 'synapse' over the weekend, which is a public speaking/preaching course run by Revvy & another guy from out church Stew. It was such a great weekend of learning and having stacks of fun. I learnt a lot! It was a lot fo information in a short period of time, and my brain was pretty fried by the end, but it was really valuable. Thanks guys!

Church last night was just fantastic! Everything came together, even though Ihadn't really done too much in the way of planning. I was worship leading and had no idea what I was going to say. Stew spoke, and we were just on the same wave length as far as topic goes. It was a small service because of the school holidays and Kate's birthday, but it was fantastic. It really was just what I needed to hear. Yay for God! A number of people came up to me after the service and told me it was as if I was speaking right to them, it was amazing! I was really just talking to myself more than anything I think. I love when things like that happen.

I got to meet someone famous today! Chrystal (mrs. Dboy) & I spent the day together shopping at Chadstone and having lunch, and we ran into Pat Rafter doing some signing at Target. I was going to take a photo of him, but the promo guy told me to get in the photo and he took a photo of us. Pat was such a lovely guy! I'll post the photo when I get home, I'm at work and can't get it to the computer right now. Yes, I'm blogging at work...

16 Comments:

  1. Litha said...
    I was at Chadstone too! Freaky
    Ludicrousity said...
    Did you se Pat?
    Litha said...
    No! We didn't stay too long though, thats the bad thing about shopping they get bored too easily, no stamina!
    wire said...
    All Hail Pat Rafter - King of Comfy Undies!

    so did you get something signed?
    Ludicrousity said...
    No, I didn't have anything for him to sign! And I didn't want to buy shoes. Which he was promoting.
    Anonymous said...
    Religion is for the weak and easily led.
    Ludicrousity said...
    That's a rather general and harsh comment. If you're going to make claims like that, perhaps you could actually explain why you think that, rather than just put it on people who honestly believe.
    Rob said...
    i wouldn't have said that making comments like that from behind the cover of anonymity was for the 'strong', either...
    Luke said...
    Heh, best to simply ignore remarks like this. The people who say them usually know little to nothing about any specific religion, or think because they had catholic parents or went to a Catholic school they know their stuff.
    Ross said...
    If you're going to make such outlandish statements, at least have the courage to put your name to them.
    Anonymous said...
    Can't blame a guy for having an opinion. You've all formed one about me after just one little tiny sentence.
    Litha said...
    Maybe he/she just doesn't have a blogger account. Sign up dude, it's free!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I dont' mind the anonymity thing, but I'd rather some substance behind such a strong, controversial, and offensive
    Rob said...
    um...should there be a few more words to your post?
    Anonymous said...
    "The people who say them usually know little to nothing about any specific religion, or think because they had catholic parents or went to a Catholic school they know their stuff."

    That's rich.
    Since when did the teachings of parents and school become meaningless?

    Grow up.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Perhaps that comment didn't have much substance behind it. I agree it was a bit of a blanket statement that is not necessarily true. But anon, you still haven't offered any thoughts on why you made your original statement. It seems a bit harsh to say things like that and then offer no reason as to why you would say it.

    And Rob, my last comment should have had the word 'comment/statement' on the end of it. :)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates