Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Awful...

I'd like to whinge about an awful book I read recently. It's called 'shaped by the word'. It's a book that is designed to help people on a journey of spiritual formation. While I see the author's great intention, it is a book full of overly lengthy descriptions, weak and confusing metaphors, and unprodictive theories. It was one of the least practical books I've ever read, apart from some small sections that were helpful. Although the helpful stuff was largely common sense, and stuff I had learned in other places anyway. All I can say is yawn, and I will never pick that book up again...


On another note (pun intended!), here are some current favourite songs:

Photograph - Jamie Cullum
Your Winter - Sister Hazel
Winter - Joshua Radin
Song For You - Michael Buble
Quiet Day - George










And of course, who could forget that it's Guru's 21st birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!!! You rock! Here is a gorgeous picture of the birthday boy!

9 Comments:

  1. Dboy said...
    Hehe... true that.
    Martin Boutros said...
    Hey, wrap up and give him that book!! Great 21st prez. and you have tyo pretend you like all your 21st prez!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I gave him the complete Lano & Woodley DVD!!! Whoo!!! As much for my benefit as for his...
    Anonymous said...
    You could've bought him a pair of heels and shared them!

    Happy bday guru!
    Anonymous said...
    I take it that book is related to your studies. There's nothing like a boring, inpenetrable book to take the fun out of reading.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, had to read it for one of my subjects. Not fun... my book report will be quite nasty I think! :)

    Good idea Ratty!!! Why didn't I think of that?!
    Dboy said...
    Because you're not that way inclined? You know, that way...
    Ludicrousity said...
    Erm.. yeah...
    Luke said...
    GRAAA!!! THAT IMAGE MAKES MY FACE LOOK BETTER THAN IT ACTUALLY IS!!!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates