Monday, March 20, 2006

Catch Up


There is so much to catch up on! I haven't blogged properly for a while now coz I'm house sitting far away, but I'm hanging out at my parents' place this arvo, so time to get some blogging in! Prepare for a photo onslaught! This is from my birthday party last weekend. I had so much fun. There were about 40 people in a little 2 bedroom town house! Kinda squishy, but very fun! I really enjoyed the night as you can see! This is a group of us as I was cutting the cake.



I got so many exciting presents! Lots of jewelery, a japaese tea set, 'Buffy' stuff, 'Serenity' on dvd, Jane Austin's guide to dating (haha!), fondue set, shoes, money, a bag, lots of stuff really. This is Alex & I as I was cutting the cake! Is it not the most exciting cake in the universe?!!! Here's a better photo of the cake:



It's a turtle cake!!! I love turtles! The wonderful Ben made the cake, with some assistance from myself, but I didn't do much in thhe hlping department, but I did help taste is along the way! It's a white chocolate cake with rasberry and blackberry sauces throughout. It has a layer of custard in the middle and it has advokaat and white chocolate ganash on top as the icing, coloured green of course. How awesome is this cake?!!!


This is (from left to right) Wire, Dboy and Guru. Aren't they gorgeous men? :)









We need to balance out the gender balance of the photos now, so here are some girls! This is Simone (Left) and Jess (Right). Looking beautiful as always!



And here is Dboy and Chrystal (aka Mrs. Dboy). Don't they just look like the perect couple? I just want to squeeze their cheeks!





And to finish off my party photos, this is Ben & myself. I wonder if my cheek tasted any good?





Now to move on! Ben came over to my place on Wednesday and we shaved his beard all funkified like! Yes, I have a fantastic grasp of the English language! So he has a kind of tiger beard now. Isn't it funky? Then he decided it woudl be a good idea to go to the BMX track behind my house sitting house. SO he had a go for a while, then decided that I should have a go, which was fine for a while. I made my first 3 jumps fine! I'm not sure why I decided it was a good idea to do 1m jumps when I haven't been on a BMX track for like 10 years. So anyway, they were great, I got air and landed and it was great, but then the fourth jump was not so sucessful. I stacked the landing and scraped up half of my right shin. Owie! Cleaning the dirt out of it stung so much! Fun night...

For some reason blogger won't let me upload any more photos, so you can see the photos from Grant's 25th next time. That's all for now folks!

20 Comments:

  1. don't call me MA'AM said...
    Great pics... and the turtle cake is a masterpiece. My sorority mascot in college was a turtle, so they are close to my heart, too.

    Looks like you had a blast (and I have a secret crush on wire, but don't tell). Just kidding! I'm married, aren't I?!?
    Zebe said...
    cool beard indeed..
    HoneyBee said...
    I love ur cake its just so awsum!!! Jill davey made a cake for Aimless' b'day and it was a cat cake it was pretty awsum but i think the turtle cake may just out do it...
    Yeah the beard is funkifide!!!!! =)
    wire said...
    Funkified would make a great title for a James Brown album or maybe Prince.

    James Brown would be all "Funkified! HEH! Hit me!" and then he'd do the splits.

    Who doesn't have a secret crush on me! GOSH! *to be said in a very Napoleon Dynamite-ish voice*
    Litha said...
    I have a secret crush on Megan's cake
    Mmmmmmmm
    Dboy said...
    I am a secret crush, in the flesh. Of the flesh. Or something else sounding just as weird.

    You, my dear Ludicrousity, are very sweet :)
    Ludicrousity said...
    Everyone loves Wire! Awwww! ANd my cake! WHooo!!! And me? Please? :)
    Martin Boutros said...
    No, just Wire! Sorry Tink...

    I think I'm going to start the WA-HA-HA-TSCOW site




    ( We All Have A Heated And Totally Secret Crush On Wire site)

    ; )
    Martin Boutros said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Good idea! We'll all join anonymously!
    Ludicrousity said...
    You don't have a secret crush on wire? That's so weird...
    Litha said...
    Whats the big deal about Wire anyway? He looks far to red and cartoon-like for my tastes
    Luke said...
    I'd say the turtle head joke, but I think I already did elsewhere. :P

    We had fun, but not the most flattering image of me there, heh. And it was an awesome party. Great to hang out in large groups again.
    Billy said...
    "whats the big deal about wire?" are you serious? Becuase he is WIRE, from now on, i think he should refer to himself in the third person...."The wire is not happy!!!"

    Tink, we love the cake, and we love you too! (as well as ben's beard, 'The wire' in general and parfait....everybody loves parfait) but mostly we love you!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Have you ever met anyone who said "I don't like no parfait?"?!
    Dboy said...
    Loving is the business.

    THE business.

    I make millions.
    Soldier of Truth said...
    as for the "FUNKIFIED" it was an album by george clinton and the parliament funkadelic in the early eighties. it reached no. 3 on the reggae charts and will only be found in australia if you beg a long standing hippy to ask a friend, to ask a friend, to ask a friend... you get the picture.

    by the way wire if i was a girl and you were a real boy i might be interested;) but until then i'm just using you as a social experiment.
    iggi said...
    YAY! I'm not the only one with a secret crush on 'the Wire'!
    Ludicrousity said...
    Didn't realise there was such a colourful history of the word funkified! Did you just google it and find that out? :)
    wire said...
    The Wire thinks this may be getting out of hand.

    So, ah, Rev, think i can join WA-HA-HA-TSCOW? i totally have this heated and totally secret crush on wire!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates