Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ahhh!

Life is good. Saw the MSO again tonight. Are they astounding or what?! The answer is yes. I am most definitely taking up the violin again. I would love to join an Orchestra, but as if I have the time to do that. After seeing the MSO I went to 'walks' (cafe/bar near me) to see a fantastic accoustic duo. What a great night of great music!

Going away tomorrow, just overnight. It's a retreat for one of my subjects before classes start on Monday. Should be great. Report later. With photos. Of course!

As a side note, I can't say I'm a huge fan of Dvorak. I like bits of his music, but never the songs in total. I don't feel like they take me anywhere, they transition too much and never go where they feel like they are headed.

11 Comments:

  1. Martin Boutros said...
    you're a C.C.C.V. you 're.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I had to play a Dvorak concerto when I played the violin and I hated the piece! Put me off him, but I did decide to have an open mind last night, as they played 3 Dvorak pieces, but I still don't like him.

    What's a C.C.C.V.?
    Ludicrousity said...
    He always writes in minor keys, and is big on melancholy and tragic sounding music. It's always a bit complex too.
    Luke said...
    Hey, it'd be interesting to see you take up the violin again. And if you don't, I'll help remind you of your vow by putting fire ants in your bed. :)
    Ludicrousity said...
    I tried to play this morning, and I broke my A string while I was tuning... :( have to fix that up.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Not that I know of.
    Martin Boutros said...
    Classical Concert Culture Vulture
    Ludicrousity said...
    That's me alright! Kind of... but I'll accept that title.
    Dboy said...
    I'm a V.F.T.R.C.C.C.C.C.C.C.C.C.Dimple.

    I made it myself.

    The not-quite-acronym.
    Ludicrousity said...
    You're such a special boy Danny. Special.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Oh yes! Why didn't I see it before! It's so obvious!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates