Monday, April 16, 2007

The Wrap Up

Where do I start? I've been so busy over the last week or so! I haven't done much blogging, so this will be a bit of a catch up!


On Wednesday 4 of us headed off to 'Spicks & Specks' (comedy music game show on Oz tv) to be in the studio audience. We had the best time! With the likes of Stephen K Amos, Jason Byrne, Mark Watson, Frank Woodley, Holly Throsby, Claire Edwards and the usual crew how could we not?! I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time! This is a photo of Adam Hills (the host) and Frank Woodley (my favourite comedian).


This is the set while they weren't filming with the crew from the second show. We saw 2 shows that night.






Here's Kate & I in between shows. My face was so sore from laughing at this point, and it was only half way through the night...






Special K ( left ) & Guru (right). Aka Matt & Luke. Aren't they attractive young men?





Here is the set with no one on it!










And here I am with Stephen K Amos. He's a very funny English comedian!







On Thursday we won our volleyball semi final. Rob split his forehead open with a nasty dive. Oops. It was all good in the end. Grand final is this Thursday!


On Friday I headed off to see Dylan Moran with some friends. Now that was great! Gotta love Dylan! He doesn't even tell jokes. I think he's rather unique. He just talks about the mundane things of life from a very left field kind of angle. It's a great show if you can get to see him!

On Saturday it was Anna's birthday party. We went over to Anna & Rob's place for dinner and just general hanging out. There were lots of people there I don't usually see socially, so it was nice to chat to them and get to know them a bit better. I gave Anna the 'love actually' soundtrack, so we listened to that for ages. Sigh... (that's a good sigh by the way)

On Sunday night I headed off to see some live improv comedy with a twist. It was an improv musical! Hilarious stuff! They made up a play from stuff we yelled out at the start, then we got to yell at them through the show and they had to sing a song whenever we told them to. So funny! The show is called 'smells like a song' if you want to go see it.

In case you're wondering what all the comedy is about, the International Melbourne Comedy Festival is on at the moment. Hence all the international comedians.

So I've had a very funny week. I almost have a 6 pack! :) If you're in Melbourne and you haven't gone to see any of the comedy on at the moment, then make sure you do! Hilarious!

9 Comments:

  1. emma said...
    hey megan. how are you. i noticed you on nathans page (my bro in law) its emma webster from the c4 intake of 03 jan in poatina.
    hope your doing good. far out, small world huh!!
    love em my blog is 'emma's blog' on nathans blog. im checking yours out now. cute pic.

    love em
    Ludicrousity said...
    Wow! Long tiem Emma! We should swap email addresses and catch up, nerd style!
    Luke said...
    Heh, fun fun fun. That Spick and Specks night made me laugh harder than I think I've ever laughed before. Possibly only beaten by that one time at a movie marathon, but I was tired and had the giggles.

    It was the hardest I laughed WITHOUT being tired OR having the giggles. :P
    Mutt said...
    Good. Times.
    Ludicrousity said...
    2 door!
    Luke said...
    Oh yeah! 2 Door!!

    That reminds me, KK. We gotta make a black and white short like the one I showed on Sunday explaining the rules of Necromancer. :D
    Anonymous said...
    yep... good for the soul all that laughing. think i was still weary the next day... never been so exhausted - mentally and physically - from laughing! Ha! (ow! that hurts)
    thanks for the invite Megan.
    greta and silly company.

    And glad you came to Smells.

    ahhh.. weird weekend that one

    ps: who won the car door game?
    Ludicrousity said...
    I'm not sure there is ever a winner in that game. Just people in pain...
    Brie said...
    well... people in pain can still be entertaining at least :P

    and lucky you! that sounds like heaps of fun, once again i'm jealous :P

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates