Friday, April 27, 2007

Bang!

I was in a car accident last night. Fun fun. On my way home from seeing Mr. Dillon play in St Kilda I was driving home, minding my own business, enjoying my new Missy Higgins cd. Then a van decided that he'd missed his right turn (I was in the right lane), so he swerved over 2 lanes to turn right not even seeing me (although I think he just didn't look). So he hit my top left corner. Smashed my light and the front panel. Only took out his back right tail light. Let the insurance company sort it out. Totally his fault. I slammed on the brakes, but couldn't stop in time, although we did only collide at about 20km/h. It was on St Kilda rd, so it could have been much worse. I think I was travelling 80km/h at the time. Yay for good brakes! What makes it worse is that I'm not driving my car! My mechanic has my car and lent me a car that doesn't actually belong to him. Oops...

9 Comments:

  1. Rob said...
    sorry to hear about that meags. that sucks. i hope the other wasn't angry with you or anything.
    wire said...
    that mechanic is going to get slapped by whoever owns that car.
    Litha said...
    I'm glad you're ok. I hope whoever owns that other car has comprehensive insurance.
    Luke said...
    At least he didn't try to blame you for it. :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    He wasn't angr.y It was totally hsi fault. He was actually a hari krishner. Not that angry type. :)

    It's all good, the insurance company will sort it all out.
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    And you're okay, right? No soreness or bruises or anything???

    So glad it wasn't serious!!
    Ludicrousity said...
    I'm fine. It was a low speed impact. I wasn't hurt at all.
    jenny said...
    glad to hear you ok though. hope things get sorted out quickly with cars and insurance etc.
    Luke said...
    Sue him for psychological damages!!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates