Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sickness

So I'm pretty sick at the moment...
I've been sick for about 2 weeks now and I finally went to the doctor yesterday. I'm not on any medication (he said it wouldn't help), but I do have some time off work so I can rest and get better. The problem is that I haven't been sleeping since I got here so I'm not getting the rest I need to get better. I'm not sure why I can't sleep. All I can figure is it's a psychological thing to do with being in a new environment. So the doc gave me a low dose of valium to help me sleep. I took some last night. That stuff is completely useless! I slept even worse last night than I normally do. All I need is a few good nights sleep I think...

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Have you tried any relaxation techniques? Like concentrating on relaxing individual parts of your body like start with your toes then your calves then your thighs then work your way up. I don't think you should ever turn to pills to be sleep or if you do try the natural stuff like Valerian. It sucks when you can't sleep.
    Luke said...
    Ugh, medication never seems to work well for me either. Painkillers, sleeping tablets, nothing. Must be an Orrin thing.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates