Sunday, July 06, 2008

New Music

So I have a couple of new album's.
Let's start with Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida'



Now I'm a big Coldplay fan, but this latest album is disappointing. It's not a bad album, but it's not a good album either. It's ok I guess, but I'm not that impressed. The songs don't really grab me as being anything exciting or inventive. It's more of the same. It's actually very U2-esque. Lots of strings and a full sound. I like the song "Viva La Vida', and Violet Hill is good too, but the rest is just a bit meh. Disappointing from such a good band. My favourite Coldplay song of all time is still 'Warning Sign'. So this album is ok, but don't expect great, new things from the guys.



The other new album I bought was Newton Faulkner's 'Hand build by robots'. Now this is a brilliant album! And if you want value for money, it has 17 tracks! This guy is very inventive with the way he plays his guitar, his chord progressions as well as his melodies. I'm a huge fan! Lots of fascinating, intertwining vocals with difficult, inventive guitar work. If you're a fan of good acoustic tunes, then go out and get this one! His lyrics don't always grab me, but what they lack, the music makes up. Although, having said that, he has some very good lyrics too. These tunes really grab me and hold my interest. They are interesting and catchy all at once. I highly recommend this one!

2 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    Yeah, I thought the song Viva La Vida sounded a little U2-ish. Not to say that's a problem, the song kicks ass.

    I wouldn't mind giving the whole album a listen. As for the other guy... no idea who that is.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Well I have them both if you want a listen.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates