Friday, October 24, 2008

I've been a bit of a tourist lately. It's been great! Yesterday I went to Uluru with Jess & Tiff and we walked around the base of the rock. It was hot and long, but beautiful and worthwhile. It took a bit over 3 hours to walk the 9.4km. Then we headed over to the cultural centre to have a look around. Then back home for a swim and back to the sunset viewing point at sunset for a lovely view of Uluru with wine and nibbles. Lovely! Then this morning I got up to watch the sunrise from a sand dune, then had a lovely buffet breakfast, then off to Kata Tjuta! I wandered around there for a couple of hours, only did 3.5km today. It was so lovely. They are such bizaare and beautiful landmarks in the middle of flat desert. I've loved spending the last couple of days up close enjoying them.

Tonight is my going away party. Yay! Should be heaps of fun! Although I am very tired... might need to get some caffine into me so I can last the night!

I get home on Tuesday. Yay!

2 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    Heh, it'll be good to have you home.

    All those traps I set up in your bedroom will finally be put to good use.
    Anonymous said...
    it's a tarp!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates