Thursday, October 16, 2008

Camels & Sunsets

I went on a sunset camel ride the other day. So lovely! It went for about an hour and we trotted over some dunes watching Uluru and Kata Tjuta while the sun set. I'm exhausted today. I'm having a bit of a homesick day. My first one in 8 and a half weeks. By the way I've been here for 8 and a half weeks now! Photos ahoy!


This is the first souvenir I bought. He's called Sterlo. After the camel I rode!


A lovely sunset over Kata Tjuta


CAMEL!


Tiff & I with Uluru in the background. It looks like I have my arms around her waist or something, but I'm just holding on to the bar. Weird photo.


Sunset over Kata Tjuta again


Me with my sexy helmut.


Just a shot of the camels in front of us.

So it was a fun night. I'm glad I did it. Quite different really. I've never ridden a camel before.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Did you nearly fall off when the camel stood up? thats like the scariest part... when their back legs go up first.
    Litha said...
    I'm suprised it took you this long to go on a camel ride
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    What an amazing experience... and beautiful photos as usual!
    Ludicrousity said...
    No falling off for me Nomi! Yay! We were warned how steep it would be so I held on tight! Lots of fun!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates