Monday, April 28, 2008

Camping!

I just got back from a great camping trip with Jenny & Alison. We spent 4 days in Porepunkah (near Bright) in country Victoria. I bought a great 6 man tent with my birthday money and we went away to test it out! It passed the test! The place was so stunning! We did some hiking/rock clambering up at Mount Buffalo, and went on a 15km walk to Bright & back. Lots of exercise! And lots of hanging out by a fire at night time with beer, port & marshmallows! It was FREEZING at night time! On the second day we had to go buy more stuff just to stay warm! The first night we couldn't sleep coz we were so cold! It was however, absolutely stunning! The most incredible trees around in their incredible autumn colours! We could not have picked a more beautiful place at this time of year! Here are some photos from the trip.


Our stunning breakfast table by the river each morning!


Alison doing some freelance climbing at Mount Buffalo!


Us at night by our campfire. We make fire! Ug!


If you know me, you'll know I'm not a morning person, as this photo shows... it was so cold!


Squinty us at the horn of Mount Buffalo!


The campsite. Isn't it pretty? That was where we had breakfast, and that is my car and tent in the background.


Jenny & I halfway through our 15km walk


The road leading out of Bright. Pretty!


My tent & car. Yay!

So as you can see we had an awesome trip! Can't wait to go camping again! But I think I'll wait til it gets warmer again!

9 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    I'm still significantly amused by the image of you packing up your tent in the freezing rain. :P
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, that bit was not fun...
    wire said...
    It's a six man tent. SIX MAN. Not three girl. It's a wonder the thing didn't burst into flames in protest.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Good point. We should have taken a fire extinguisher just in case!
    scott said...
    obama says, "i did not know that man, rev. wright."
    scott said...
    you need to be more serious.....just kidding. lol.
    Glen O'Brien said...
    We holidayed at Bright for years, camping by Morses Creek and have gonre up to Mt. Buffalo many times. One of my favourite places! So glad you got to enjoy it.
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    I applaud you for your camping skills. I have none such. My idea of camping is the Hampton Inn. Yes, I'm a wuss. A high maintenance wuss. :-(

    Cool pics!
    Anonymous said...
    If you are open to having a guest blog poster please reply and let me know. I will provide you with unique content for your blog, thanks.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates