Friday, January 11, 2008

1 Year Anniversary

It's a bit late, but Jan 8 marked the 1 year anniversary of my mechanic having my car. Yes, there are lots of reasons why he still has my car, and no, they are not good enough. This has been an ongoing saga and I am not a happy Megan. I just want my car back and never see him again! He can't seem to get it fixed (not because he can't, because he never works on it) and I can't take it somewhere else because it's in an untowable state. It's beyond a joke. It'd be funny if it wasn't so anger inducing. I'm sure it'll be hilarious in a few years time. It kind of is funny now because it's so ridiculous! On the bright side I am driving a new Toyota Yaris that he's paying for. Rental car. I can't even get in touch with him now. Wonder if he'll just do a runner...

10 Comments:

  1. Rob said...
    That is so bad. I can't remember if I've asked this before or not, but have you either actually or threatened to contact Consumer Affairs?
    Ludicrousity said...
    I haven't. But I should. The problem now is I can't even contact him!
    Rob said...
    All the more reason to get Consumer Affairs involved! hehe
    Litha said...
    I hope there is no possibility of you being stuck with the cost of the rental!
    Luke said...
    Nah, she isn't. In fact, that's the best part! She's driving a car far superior to her real one at no cost to her. The mechanic is paying for all of it.

    However, as has been said, this just seems to dig him into a deeper hole and increase the chance of him doing something unpredictable.
    dead_meat said...
    It seems odd that he's willing to pay for a rental instead of fixing the car. Surely it'd be easier for the guy to fix the thing?

    What could his reasoning possibly be?
    Anonymous said...
    what is wrong with the car?
    Ludicrousity said...
    No idea Deadmeat

    Not much is wrong with my car. My temp gage wasn't working and the car overheated so a few of the bearings overheated and warped. It's just that he's not doing any work on my car, not that there is much wrong with it. Grrrr!
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    That's pretty bizarre of him. I can't even think of anything else to say, because it's such an odd situation! Either that, or rentals in Aussie-land are much, much cheaper than they are here!

    Someone hit my car and caused about $6000 damage in November. I had a rental car for 5 weeks and had to pay about $800. Luckily, the damage to the car was paid for. If we do the math (and the rental fee was approximately the same as mine), he would have paid over $8000 so far. Yikes. Yeah, something smells fishy.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Yeah, rental cars over here aren't cheap either. He's just a strange man. There has to be something dodgy going on. I think he has to sort out his 'business' with others before he gets to me. It seems that way anyway.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates